Seat covers

Build projects, things that guys have come up with to make a Pinz better (or worse?) and aftermarket add-ons.
pinzinator

Seat covers

Post by pinzinator »

Here's a set of inexpensive seat covers I recently installed. I got them from a business in Mesa, AZ, called seatcovers.net. They will make seat covers out of a large choice of materials, this pattern seemed to go with my 710M the best.
Davis, a Pinz owner in Mesa, took his seats to the factory last week so they could be measured for a more custom fit (thanks David!). For $59 a pair you can't really complain, plus it only takes about 10 minutes to install them. Not for the BMW or Cadillac, but perfect for the Pinzgauer. I think you could even put them in the washing machine after a day of off roading and spilling beer.

dr4yrk9
Puerto Rico

Post by dr4yrk9 »

those turned out pretty nice, they look that they would be cooler on hot weather...
Ed
1974 710 M
1974 712 M
pinzinator

Post by pinzinator »

You could fry an egg on my seat in the summer, so I would always carry a spray bottle of water to cool the vinyl seat down before I got in. I would fold the seat down most of the time, but it doesn't take long to get hot in the sun. I don't drive much in the summer, so I keep the Pinz under an awning and do maintenance. Today we are at 113. One time I drove 45 miles when it was 117, the Pinz responded like it was 70, no pinging or running hot at all, like the ambient temperature had no effect. On the other hand, I went through water rather quickly.
The seat covers have about 1/4" foam sewn in, that makes a nice difference.
pinzinator

Post by pinzinator »

I installed the new back seats today using the same material. I have a radio truck, therefore only 3 seats.
3 inch padding made quite a difference in comfort! I have 2 sets of seat pads available if anyone is interested, send me an offer via email. I'll list them on EBay otherwise. They're original seats, not perfect, but no tears or holes. The screws on the back of one of the upper pads are broken off, as they seized up.
pinzinator

Post by pinzinator »

Here's a few photos of the custom made seatcovers that you can get from seatcovers.net. David, a 710 owner in Mesa, made this possible by taking his seats over for measurements. They appear to fit better than the universals that I bought. Ask for Jeff if you call to order.
Here's mine again-
texas pinzgauer

Post by texas pinzgauer »

I noticed a product description in a back issue of Overland Journal (thanks again to Bruce Berger for the heads up about that great publication) and noticed that Smittybilt makes a similar product but with all sorts of sewn in pockets to store stuff behind the seat covers they make.

I'll reach out to your seat cover manufacturer and see if that's something they might consider added in as a feature.
Looking for next new (for me) toy
1974 712M - sold
1973 710M - sold

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id ... 3094951494
rubicon4wheeler

Post by rubicon4wheeler »

Thanks for the info, guys! Jeff at Seatcovers.net is a great guy and has my pair of seat covers on their way to me as we speak. :D

$148 shipped for the pair of custom-fit covers in the desert camo pattern.
texas pinzgauer

How did the price change from $58 to $149? I presume we're not talking about the same thing here?
1974 712M - sold
1973 710M - sold

pinzinator

Post by pinzinator »

Universal fit is $59 (pair), a custom fit cost more at $148. That's about $44 more per seat. You have your choice of material no matter what.
David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

You need to amend your original post, it does read as if the covers you got were $59

Here's a set of inexpensive seat covers I recently installed. I got them from a business in Mesa, AZ, called seatcovers.net. They will make seat covers out of a large choice of materials, this pattern seemed to go with my 710M the best.
Davis, a Pinz owner in Mesa, took his seats to the factory last week so they could be measured for a more custom fit (thanks David!). For $59 a pair you can't really complain, plus it only takes about 10 minutes to install them
The Trojan Horse... the 1st Pinz used to covertly carry troops into battle .

ATL Pinzgauer XM 718K TUM(HD) 6x6 FFR (aka The Green Grail)
texas pinzgauer

Hre's what Jeff (the seat cover guy) said about pricing...

"The price he put online was for the universal style that he ordered for his vehicle. The seat cover in the pictures is the full custom style and the map pockets are no charge but you would need to request them. The custom fit styles would range from $104-$194 depending on the fabric you choose. You can see our fabrics online at seatcovers.net. Let me know if you have any questions."
1974 712M - sold
1973 710M - sold

pinzinator

Post by pinzinator »

The covers I bought were $59. David took his Pinz seats over for measurement after I bought mine. Had I waited another week or two I could have ordered the custom fit version for $148.
Kaweeka

Back Seat Questions

Post by Kaweeka »

Were the back seats made by seatcovers.net or did they just supply the material to match your front seats? If they did the work what did these set you back ($----). Comfortable back seats might lure a few more folks to go for a ride . . .
pinzinator

Post by pinzinator »

Seatcovers.net will sell you the material to match whatever seatcovers you order. Mine was $20 a yard, and it two 2 yards to do 3 sets of seats. I had a local guy make the seats for the back, and they are MUCH more comfortable than the originals.