After market seats - what did you use?

Build projects, things that guys have come up with to make a Pinz better (or worse?) and aftermarket add-ons.
locosmith

Seats that are great.

Post by locosmith »

I was at the monthly auction and a guy had a dirty set from a White Freight liner, 18 wheeler. High backed, lumbar with air ride driver(couldn't use air ride) I'm only 5' 9" so, any way cleaned them and used the stock frames, added tabs, still can install stock cushions if need. They work great and the ride now is perfect. All I need to do now is cover them with the proper material. Oh Only gave 10.00 each.
locosmith

Height

Post by locosmith »

My son are 6 ' tall and have no problems with touching the top, due to the seat being formed and you set in it, so they are lower in the center, very comfortable. Loco
pinzwheeling

Post by pinzwheeling »

Jimm391730 wrote:I have Eagle Talon seats in my 712W; they took some fanagling to make them work, but they are pretty comfortable for my 5'10" height.

Jim M.
I've sat in Jim's truck and his seats are by far the most comfortable seats I've sat in in a Pinz
Michael

Looking for a deal on a Toyota or used car?
email: rosenblumm@gmail.com
ABSOLUTSECURITY

Post by ABSOLUTSECURITY »

I have a Recaro Expert S that I intend on installing in my 712AMB - I have two more Recaro seats that I was thinking of using but went with the Expert.
Check out Recaro Expert - that is the way I would suggest!

Glynn
ABSOLUTSECURITY

Post by ABSOLUTSECURITY »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 3D1&_rdc=1

Item # 120491814846

On Ebay is similar to the Expert.

Glynn
texas pinzgauer

Post by texas pinzgauer »

Weren't you also the fellow advocating the $500 LED headlights? :shock:

I'm looking for something at a bit (how about a lot) lower price point, perhaps one of the more supportive sporty high back buckets that comes in the tricked out Subaru or Mitsubishi models.

...but I like your style!
Looking for next new (for me) toy
1974 712M - sold
1973 710M - sold

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id ... 3094951494
texas pinzgauer

I visited the local Pick-a-Part yard yesterday (Having their 50% off Thanksgiving super sale so it was mobbed) but didn't see much that looked serviceable so I need to find another source.

Looking at all of the clapped out and trashed recent vintage imports made it obvious why there isn't just one solution / option for this aftermarket seating question to replace the stock seats.

In a perfect world, you'd be able to test fit the seats out of a Mitsubishi, Subaru, Honda, Smart or BMW and experiment with which one that works best for this application but I don't live there (a perfect world) so I'll just keep looking for possible options.
1974 712M - sold
1973 710M - sold

pinzwheeling

Post by pinzwheeling »

texas pinzgauer wrote:Weren't you also the fellow advocating the $500 LED headlights? :shock:

...but I like your style!
Glynn doesn't screw around on his truck, the best of everything is called for. While out of my price range, it sure is a nice alternative!
Michael

Looking for a deal on a Toyota or used car?
email: rosenblumm@gmail.com
locosmith

Freight liner seats.

Post by locosmith »

I'll see if I can get pictures on mine from the freight liner. Nice seats, , made for ruff ride, truck, very comfortable. Yea I couldn't see 800.00 for seats, they only see my butt, didn't make much since, I use my truck for hunting not just the road. Loco
pcolette
United States of America

Freightliner seats

Post by pcolette »

I picked up a pair of new Freightliner seats on eBay for $58 each. They seem to be very well made seats. I just have to adapt them to the original seat frames and I'll be all set.
I'll post pix when complete.

Paul
Paul C.
_________
'73 Swiss 710M
'89 Puch 230GE
texas pinzgauer

A friend has a business neighbor with a truck salvage yard so he's going to check on Sprinter seats for me. There are several on eBay right now for like $58/each which sounds like a smokin' deal but I'd obviously like to source them locally (and eyeball them myself) to make sure they'll work for me.

Pictures of everyone's solution would be helpful and appreciated.
1974 712M - sold
1973 710M - sold

Andre
United States of America

truck seats

Post by Andre »

I mounted a set of the sprinter seats for a customer. Using the stock seat pan, they fit nicely but still left me a bit higher than perfect. I can't argue with the fit or ride the reccaro's give. I won't be flippin bill for those unless I find a screemin deal on them.
Fat Fabrications
2993 FM 1647
Winnsboro, TX. 75494
fatfabrications@yahoo.com
(903) 365-2332 shop
(951) 765-7224 mobile
Facebook.com/dokapinz6x6
Www.fatfabrications.com
texas pinzgauer

I just completed the installation of the Sprinter seats and they worked out perfectly (for me). A new post with photos to follow shortly.
1974 712M - sold
1973 710M - sold