espar fuel pump install

Build projects, things that guys have come up with to make a Pinz better (or worse?) and aftermarket add-ons.
Pols497
United States of America

espar fuel pump install

Post by Pols497 »

You guys with Espar and Webasto heaters where are your fuel pumps located. Which side of the engine did you put it? Was it in the engine compartment or back by the fuel tank somewhere? I am down to the fuel pump part and the instructions say mount it below the heater at a 15 degree angle. There's not too many good spots on my 712 M to do this. Any input or photo's would gladly be appreciated. Also are there any Pinz owners in Oklahoma. I would like to talk with someone via phone line. PS these 712s are step climbing fools.
Roger Melton
totaljoint

Post by totaljoint »

My 2009 webasto 3900 was just put in last December. The pump was put on the driver's side just infront of the battery box. It has worked sporadically, it just doesn't have the pull to light the unit reliably.
I spoke with Jim Laguardia, he reccomended that the pump be installed on the passenger side closer to the fuel tank- I guess better to push the gas to the heater than pull it.
In any case, I'm moving my pump as close to the tank as I can, on the passenger side to see if that fixes my problem.
Ed
Pols497
United States of America

espar fuel pump

Post by Pols497 »

Thank you for the information. I opted to put mine on the passenger side at the back of the firewall below the air filter. I made a small bracket out of aluminum and bent it in two different directions and drilled two holes in the back of the bed into the firewall. Got my correct angle also. Starts up every time. Thank you for your time.
Roger Melton