Another set of Sprinter seats installed

Build projects, things that guys have come up with to make a Pinz better (or worse?) and aftermarket add-ons.
pcolette
United States of America

Another set of Sprinter seats installed

Post by pcolette »

After seeing how nice the Sprinter seats looked in "texas pinzgauer" 's Pinz ( http://real4x4forums.com/PinzgauerBBS/v ... php?t=5121 ) I finally got motivated to install the set I bought last Fall. I tried a little different approach to mounting them to the original frames and am happy with the result, though either method will work fine.

I cut off the 2 original mounting ears from the Sprinter seats and bolted the seats to new cross-members welded to the seat frames. The original rear mounting studs on the seats were used and I added 2 bolts thru the existing seat frame for the front mounting points.

As David mentioned, the seats are very comfortable and do offer some recline and tilt-forward adjustment.

Post or pm me with any questions.

Paul C
Paul C.
_________
'73 Swiss 710M
'89 Puch 230GE
totaljoint

Post by totaljoint »

I too have installed the sprinter seats. Love them. However, be aware that it raises you a few inches. I must bend over rather far to be able to look up and see stop lights if I'm the first or second in line. At 5'11" I also hit my head on the roll bar pads when sitting in a normal position. I'm considering having the upholestry shop replace the seat cushion with firmer, thiner (1.5-2 inches) foam. Anyone tried this on their Spinters?
Ed
texas pinzgauer

Post by texas pinzgauer »

Great looking installation Paul! Very clean!

Yes, you do still up a little bit higher but it's only been an issue if you're at the head of the line at a traffic light (as previously stated).

Otherwise, there's more support and comfort and the ability to adjust the seat angle and they were CHEAP!
Looking for next new (for me) toy
1974 712M - sold
1973 710M - sold

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id ... 3094951494