How much is enough

Build projects, things that guys have come up with to make a Pinz better (or worse?) and aftermarket add-ons.
Erik712m

Post by Erik712m »

BillG wrote:It looks like we're very much on the same page here. My 712AMB is scheduled to be here (Mexico) early July. I have had very good results with an inverter on my boat, but the entire system is way too heavy what with the batteries (12 x 6VDC 'Golf Cart' @ 62lbs each) for a Pinz install. The alternator is a 105Amp job that loafs along at about 65A. I will look to see if one of these will fit into the Pinz..The AGM deep-cycle batteries look like a good way to go also for the house setup. But in the real world, does one really need to do a power system like this when these little Honda generators are so easy and light and reliable? (I just _love_ this s41t!) BTW, Nice truck, dude ...
this has been brought up before tomorrow when I'm near a computer I post the thread I am lacking a few componits that I need to sepperate my batteries.
Erik712m

Post by Erik712m »

Well I can't seem to find the security guys post on batteries. But I need to isolate my house batteries and would like to mount a solar panel just in front of the A/C. The Honda gen would be nice.
BillG

Post by BillG »

In my marine installation, I mounted a second alternator for the hotel power. I don't know the Pinz layout yet, but an isolated system dedicated to the hotel load and separate from the 24V engine electrics is a very safe way to go. Battery weight is a big problem but (expensive) lithium power packs are available. Solar is nice, but heavy and puts significant weight above the center of gravity if you line the entire roof with panels. Also, because of space limits, you can't operate too much directly off solar. You have to store it up in batteries so we're back to that again. What about an auxiliary 110VAC generator running off the motor? Is there anything like space for such a thing in the engine compartment?
"To Infinity...and beyond!" -Buzz Lightyear
M Wehrman
United States of America

Post by M Wehrman »

If you can install an a/c compressor,an add'l alt should be a piece of cake! 8) I did the dual alts on my Volvo to satisfy my 12/12V needs,works well.
Mark
Stock means no imagination!

Volvo TGB1317, .95% Morphed!

68 Haffy
Erik712m

Post by Erik712m »

I like the idea of a engine mounted 110v gen. Do you have a link of ones for sale?