Center consoles

Build projects, things that guys have come up with to make a Pinz better (or worse?) and aftermarket add-ons.
yaknowthatguy
United States of America

Center consoles

Post by yaknowthatguy »

I was thinking of putting together a center console of sorts, to go over the engine cover between the seats.

There's a few things I plan to put in....

cup holders (!)
arm rests (more for the girlfriend than me)
some recessed place for the aircraft intercom to sit

but beyond that I'm drawing a blank. anyone have ideas/suggestions for it? What would you install? I plan for an overhead console for the 2m radio later, so that'll wait.

thanks!
712 amb. under construction.
Kirby

Post by Kirby »

Just make sure what ever you put in there will stay there . . . in case the Pinz decides to lay down and go to sleep on it's side. 8)

I have never seen it done, just pictures.... and the inside of the cab can be a real mess :roll:

but for suggestions, spot for a cell phone, GPS, - next time your in your own car, look around and see what things you might want to have with you, within reach while in the Pinz. I pretty much just used the little lid for the dog house, as drinks don't stay put very well. So bottled water was used except for the cooler in the back which had cans :D
Last edited by Kirby on Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pinzing is AWESOME.
Bruce Berger

Post by Bruce Berger »

You might consider a Thule Office Travler -

http://compare.ebay.com/like/3205418620 ... eItemTypes

I picked one up at Target a couple of years ago. It easily straps to the maintenance cover to hold it in place. There are several thin pockets for papers and maps, a large zippered compartment, and two cup holders.

This item may be out of production as I could not find it on Thule's web site but apparently they are available on eBay.
Bruce Berger
'72 Pinzgauer 710M 2.6i
mit Beck-LaGuardia Elektronischer Einspritzung
krick3tt

centre console

Post by krick3tt »

I added cup holders to the centre. they are inverted lawn drains applied with velcro.

http://s400.photobucket.com/albums/pp88 ... 3344-1.jpg

They can be unstuck and are very secure. ...cups, not so much if the pinz is inverted, but the holders will not come off.
Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him:
better take a closer look at the American Indian.---Henry Ford
4x4Pinz
United States of America

Post by 4x4Pinz »

I made a bunch of these for people. They replace the access cover and use the same locking device. My original design (the one thats in my 712) is taller at the storage compartment and most felt it was too high for their liking. This shorter version seems to be just about right for most and yes that is just a primer, the finish is OD green.
texas pinzgauer

Post by texas pinzgauer »

Want to make some more????? :)
Looking for next new (for me) toy
1974 712M - sold
1973 710M - sold

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id ... 3094951494
pinzwheeling

Post by pinzwheeling »

4x4Pinz wrote:I made a bunch of these for people. They replace the access cover and use the same locking device. My original design (the one thats in my 712) is taller at the storage compartment and most felt it was too high for their liking. This shorter version seems to be just about right for most and yes that is just a primer, the finish is OD green.
Mike Dilley has one of those on his truck, very good design.
Michael

Looking for a deal on a Toyota or used car?
email: rosenblumm@gmail.com
spandit

Post by spandit »

Awesome idea - is it just made out of plywood? Any chance of posting the plans?
--

Robin

Pinzgauer 710K
MegaJolt ignition
(upgrading to MicroSquirt)
audiocontr
United States of America

Post by audiocontr »

i'd very much like one as well
4x4Pinz
United States of America

Post by 4x4Pinz »

I can do a run of them usually 5 at a time. They are made from MDF and have held up in several roll overs. I have templates but no real plans.
4x4Pinz
United States of America

Post by 4x4Pinz »

Looks like there is enough interest in the center consoles so I am going to put some together in the next week. I will prime them and have them ready for you to paint. They are $50 plus shipping.
texas pinzgauer

Post by texas pinzgauer »

To save yourself from the heartache that every Pinz enthusiast with some free time and a well equipped shop has faced in the past when contemplating the fabrication and sale of some cool one off custom item for a Pinzgauer, who don't you get us to pay up front before you buy your materials.

I'd hate you see you get excited about all of these folks that say them want one of your consoles only to flake when it comes time to pay.
Looking for next new (for me) toy
1974 712M - sold
1973 710M - sold

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id ... 3094951494
audiocontr
United States of America

Post by audiocontr »

I'll send the money ahead of time... Happy to
spandit

Post by spandit »

I'd love one, but don't think it would be economical to ship to the UK. Might rip the idea off though and make my own (rest assured, my "craftsmanship" is no threat to your business, but I enjoy using my air nail gun!)
--

Robin

Pinzgauer 710K
MegaJolt ignition
(upgrading to MicroSquirt)
4x4Pinz
United States of America

Post by 4x4Pinz »

well Brad and I got a start on 4 of them. Sorry but only had my cell phone with me. Once I get them complete I will check shipping rates for those interested.