Center consoles

Build projects, things that guys have come up with to make a Pinz better (or worse?) and aftermarket add-ons.
yaknowthatguy
United States of America

Post by yaknowthatguy »

finally got home and got mine installed. Very cool! The only issue I had with mine was not related to the console, but my truck - I needed to bend the retention tab for the front console clip just a little bit, it didn't bind well to it and kept slipping off. Once adjusted it worked fine.

I'm pleasantly surprised with the fit. I was expecting to need to add some weatherstripping to the underside, but it fits quite well - no additional engine noise, no fumes, nothing.

I love it!
712 amb. under construction.
audiocontr
United States of America

Post by audiocontr »

Grrr, mine got wet and swelled =)

Time to sand down some areas and repaint.

Others, make sure you over spray into the joints or seal with a small amount of caulk. Rain or water will cause an issue with the mdf.
1973 712m
1968 Haflinger
1965 Pathfinder
1978 GMC Palm Beach (Hey, its got 6 wheels!!)
Jon_Gilbart

Can I get one, too?

Post by Jon_Gilbart »

Has this ship sailed already, or can I get one, too? I live in zip code 21702 and can send you payment ahead of time. Thanks.

Also, I have seen pictures of the center console in the Red Bull Pinzgauer. I thought that it was a cool design, so wondered how it was done or if I could buy one somewhere just in case I can't get one of these center consoles... Any thoughts on this? It looks similar in finish to the rest of the engine cover and seemed to match pretty darn good.

Texas Pinzgauer: That looks awesome--is that Homax Orange Peel Spray Texture stuff you got water proof to avoid the problems that audiocontr had w/ water? I think if I can get one of those consoles as well, I'm going to copy your idea! Thanks. -Jon

***EDIT*** On 2nd thought (I revisited some of the pictures of the Red Bull Pinz), I like this design better. I definately need a place for the drinks and the Red Bull one didn't seem to have any cup holders!
texas pinzgauer

Post by texas pinzgauer »

Jon,

This is the product that I used. The texturing does match the rest of the tunnel BUT, if you go that route folks, I suggest you some how sand the surface down just a little as it seems pretty rough when off roading. I scrapped up my arm and elbow during my most recent off-roading "jaunt"

David
Looking for next new (for me) toy
1974 712M - sold
1973 710M - sold

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id ... 3094951494
Jon_Gilbart

Post by Jon_Gilbart »

texas pinzgauer wrote:Jon,

This is the product that I used. The texturing does match the rest of the tunnel BUT, if you go that route folks, I suggest you some how sand the surface down just a little as it seems pretty rough when off roading. I scrapped up my arm and elbow during my most recent off-roading "jaunt"

David
That's too bad, b/c it looks great in the picture! Same thing happened to me w/ my Jeep--I put some of that non-slip stuff for stairs around my Jeeps' side steps b/c I kept slipping when it was wet outside as I was pulling myself up into the Jeep. It worked great until I rubbed up against it w/ my bare leg a couple of times and I scraped the heck out of it. I decided to peel it off and I am still looking for a happy medium between too slippery and removing the flesh from my legs. -Jon
texas pinzgauer

Either my arm is going to toughen up or I may get inspired to slightly sand it down but neither will happen anytime soon as it's still 100F+ with the humidity so there's limited Pinz driving in my near term future (good thing it's covered).
1974 712M - sold
1973 710M - sold

Jon_Gilbart

Center console

Post by Jon_Gilbart »

I just got my center console from 4x4Pinz, and while I haven't actually tried it in yet, it looks REALLY NICE! It does NOT appear to have been damaged in transport and the workmanship--as stated previously--is top notch! I can't wait to get it on the Pinz and try it out. Thanks for the great center console! I'll give more feedback once I have installed it and used it for a while. -Jon
berger
Canada

Re: Center consoles

Post by berger »

These consoles look great! 4Pinz, are you still making and selling these? I will definitely take one if you are.
Ottawa, Canada
1974 710M
2007 2WD Ural Patrol
4x4Pinz
United States of America

Post by 4x4Pinz »

we have to do another run here shortly. A couple of new members need them also. I will put a fire under this pot and get it going and post when ready.
berger
Canada

Post by berger »

4x4Pinz wrote:we have to do another run here shortly. A couple of new members need them also. I will put a fire under this pot and get it going and post when ready.
Excellent! I am in for sure and will put off my search for a good cup holder. Let me know when you want the funds. Will shipping to Canada be an issue? I know it will be more, but I am cool with that. My PC is K2S 2C6.
Ottawa, Canada
1974 710M
2007 2WD Ural Patrol
texas pinzgauer

Worth the purchase price for sure! This is one of those great after market ideas that, thankfully, one of us thought up and then offered up to this community. Probably not a big money maker for him but I encourage all of y'all (plural for y'all) to acquire one of these.
1974 712M - sold
1973 710M - sold

westernair
United States of America

Re:

Post by westernair »

4x4Pinz wrote:Looks like there is enough interest in the center consoles so I am going to put some together in the next week. I will prime them and have them ready for you to paint. They are $50 plus shipping.
I did not buy one last time, I look forward to seeing them made again
Shawn

62 haffy Bantam
61 haffy 4 door

72 710K - Sold
73 712M - Sold
audiocontr
United States of America

Post by audiocontr »

Marine applications are now using some sort of material which cuts like wood but is built of a plastic material. http://www.tangentusa.com/1c2.html?gcli ... 4AodH2XZHw

A center console built of that would be VERY VERY nice!
1973 712m
1968 Haflinger
1965 Pathfinder
1978 GMC Palm Beach (Hey, its got 6 wheels!!)
mooreshawnm

Post by mooreshawnm »

If it's still an option sign me up!!!
2006 Volvo S40
2003 LR Disco II
1973 Pinz 710m
The LR needs to be subtracted and a 712k needs to be added
4x4Pinz
United States of America

Post by 4x4Pinz »

Been a little busy but managed to get four units made. I need to sand and second coat the primer today. I will have them ready to ship first of the week. Any one that is wanting one should PM me their shipping address and I will get a shipping quote.