Need new passenger fans in the Pinz

Build projects, things that guys have come up with to make a Pinz better (or worse?) and aftermarket add-ons.
audiocontr
United States of America

Need new passenger fans in the Pinz

Post by audiocontr »

I read the locked post which mentioned a few of you used 24v computer fans to keep folks cool. Nice idea, but do they provide enough air flow?

I've been looking around and saw a few on ebay to include: http://cgi.ebay.com/Servicemate-SM3012- ... 35a595b552

Problem is we all know how the truck can get wet. Then i saw: http://www.caframo.com/marine/marine_pr ... ltfans.php

The last one is a suction cup mount and weather proof. Might be a little big but would provide great air movement especially while stopped at traffic lights (the worst part). Any one know of an inexpensive solution?

Gracias
krick3tt

need new fan

Post by krick3tt »

I have this...

http://s400.photobucket.com/albums/pp88 ... MG3346.jpg

Got it for $3. not good for air flow to cool, just moves the defrost air a bit.
The one you showed would be a better choice. One that rotates would be ideal but they are large as you say. Might interfere with your vision.
Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him:
better take a closer look at the American Indian.---Henry Ford
landy

Post by landy »

I bought one on Ebay similar to the one in the first link, but quite a bit cheaper. I mounted it on the passenger grab rail. It pushes quite a bit of air, especially on high.
ABSOLUTSECURITY

Post by ABSOLUTSECURITY »

I bought the servicemate and its the best fan yet!!!!!!!
Glynn Sziraki
www.ownnight.com

1975 712 AMB-S
1996 AM GENERAL HMCS H1
1972 SUZUKI LJ10
1985 HONDA FL350R ODYSSEY
1990 HONDA FL400R PILOT
spandit

Post by spandit »

I bought a couple of cheap 24V truck fans and have mounted one in front of the rear seats (on those odd brackets in my roof) and one on the roof hatch bolts to cool me in stationary traffic
--

Robin

Pinzgauer 710K
MegaJolt ignition
(upgrading to MicroSquirt)
Scooter

Post by Scooter »

I bought 2 of the service mate fans. Still to be mounted, but after driving in the rain with the windows closed I had to get something. Saw one mounted on the wiper motor bracket. Looks like a good spot.

Scooter
ABSOLUTSECURITY

Post by ABSOLUTSECURITY »

I had removed my rifle mounts from the passenger grab hoop and had to available holes so in went thread serts and just mounted the fan perfect that way no unsightly nuts and bolts just a floating fan on the hoop - perfect spot to!!!!

G
Glynn Sziraki
www.ownnight.com

1975 712 AMB-S
1996 AM GENERAL HMCS H1
1972 SUZUKI LJ10
1985 HONDA FL350R ODYSSEY
1990 HONDA FL400R PILOT
Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Just got done installing the Servicemate fan in the truck today. Made an adapter plate with threaded holes to mount with four M5 screws from the fan to the plate. Put in two counter sunk M6 screw in the palte to hold it to the wiper motor plate with lock nuts. Tapped into the wire to the map light for power and it's done.

Still need to work on mounting the other one for the back seats. could be a little more work.

This fan moves a lot of air for being so small, even has two speeds.

Scooter