LED brakelight

Build projects, things that guys have come up with to make a Pinz better (or worse?) and aftermarket add-ons.
blackstack
United States of America

LED brakelight

Post by blackstack »

Anybody know where I can get a 24 V preferably LED tailight ?

I got rear ended and think it could have been avoided with a nice bright stop light mounted on the spare tire carrier....something to mount for road trips
undysworld
Norway

Post by undysworld »

I can't help with the tail light. But in order to avoid getting rear-ended when I've been forced to travel on our interstate highways (where speeds regularly are 80mph +) I mounted an amber xenon strobe light inside the spare. It mounts using one of the lug nuts there.

Have you tried ebay?
McCall Pinz
Switzerland

Post by McCall Pinz »

I would like to see some ideas too. I've seen a nice billet aluminum one on hotrods, and have thought about putting on a Jeep 3rd brake light, or one of those long LED strips that has signals and brake, but haven't done anything yet.
Fleg

Post by Fleg »

undysworld wrote:I can't help with the tail light. But in order to avoid getting rear-ended when I've been forced to travel on our interstate highways (where speeds regularly are 80mph +) I mounted an amber xenon strobe light inside the spare. It mounts using one of the lug nuts there.

Is that even legal?
blackstack
United States of America

Post by blackstack »

I tried ebay and googling Brake lights.....what I want is one of those old big red glass lights with STOP in black....
HafWit

Post by HafWit »

If you search ebay, there are some Australian 24v LED stop/turn lights that you might consider--I don't know if they are DOT compliant here, however.

Cheers,
Greg
HafWit
a.k.a. Phlyphysher, Greg, & Clamphysician
1967 Swiss Haflinger, 1975 Volvo C303
krick3tt

brake light

Post by krick3tt »

Go to Grote Industries, Inc.

phone: 800-628-0809 or 800-457-9540

I have purchased my lights from LightHouse when in San Diego and also when in Denver. I found no distributer in WA when I was living in Suquamish.
It must be linked with the existing 24v lights or the flasher will not read it as the current drop is too low.

I have installed mine in the space once occupied by the reflectors. The T/L 10204R is the one I used. Looks very much like the reflector.

http://s400.photobucket.com/albums/pp88 ... MG3348.jpg

I also have a LED light in the center of the spare left over from when the original stop lights were yellow as in Europe.

Morris
Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him:
better take a closer look at the American Indian.---Henry Ford
rivervoog

led lights

Post by rivervoog »

I bought 4 oval led lights from buytruckstuff.com made by ASL have not had a chance to mount them yet so I can't tell you much else. They are rated for 12-38 volts so they should work. Will mount them when the Phoenix heat goes away{ october }.
Scooter

Post by Scooter »

I installed round LEDs in a trucklite 2 hole box then mounted it to the truck. I started with the round ASL lights and found that they did not last long. I repleaced two of them with trucklite parts and have not had any trouble since. Had to do some modification to get things to fit, but it looks clean for the most part. The reverse light is mounted below.

They really make you more visable during the day.

Here is a picture.

Scooter

undysworld
Norway

Post by undysworld »

I've trailed Scott on roads and trails. His lights really stand out well, and being round, they're vaguely reminiscent of the originals. It's a nice setup.
Jimm391730
United States of America

Post by Jimm391730 »

I guess I went overboard with LED tailights:

252 red LEDs plus 96 white (for backup lights) per side !

Jim M.
712W and 710M
cronapress
Great Britain

Post by cronapress »

N I C E !! Can you change the text on the move ? A suitable couple of words to the dummy who is tailgating you ?? Mmmmm.. Maybe not. You guys carry guns ?

Mike 712M
krick3tt

LED taillights

Post by krick3tt »

At least it answers the question I get all the time.
Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him:
better take a closer look at the American Indian.---Henry Ford
Erik712m

Post by Erik712m »

Jim, way to cool!
Jon_Gilbart

Post by Jon_Gilbart »

Scooter wrote: Image
I like the look--it makes your Pinz look happy! :lol:

Seriously, though... I was thinking about doing a strobe light as well, but someone asked if they were legal. Has anyone that has a strobe light had problems with the cops? On a similar note, I was surprised to find out that it is illegal to drive with your hazard lights on in Maryland. Every now and again I would turn them on for some reason, but I was stopped by the police once, and he said you are not allowed to drive w/ them on. -Jon