Hi-Lift jack storage

Build projects, things that guys have come up with to make a Pinz better (or worse?) and aftermarket add-ons.
GenevaPinz
Switzerland

Hi-Lift jack storage

Post by GenevaPinz »

Yet another post about Hi-Lift jack storage... :mrgreen:

I just wanted to share with you my little "development" of the idea that Bryn Pinzgauer exposed in this thread (in the "Technical-Old" section): viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3556&hilit=Hi+Lift
Storing a 60" Hi-Lift jack behind the rear seats is a great idea, but as was posted by others on the original thread in 2008, having such a heavy jack only held in place by the rear seats' backrests is not safe enough.
So I came up with the brackets pictured below:
They are made with a short length of 30x30mm square steel tube bolted in place through the existing holes in the side frame.
The visible "stud" is an M10x60mm bolt positionned so that the head sits against the sides' sheetmetal. It is held by a nut that sits inside the square tube (I had to grind a side of the nut so it would fit). 60mm proved to be the right length so I can still tilt the seats forward to make a flat loading surface (but I have to remove the Hi-Lift to do so).
The Hi-Lift jack is held with two wing nuts and washers ...and the seats can still be used normally (the backrests pop back into place without touching the Hi-Lift).

Compared to other storage locations, the Hi-Lift may be less accessible, but it is protected from the elements, and I don't risk cracking my skull on it every time I enter or exit the rear of my Pinz (compared to storage under the rear roll bar). I position it so the base cannot be removed, and I put a small padlock on one of the wingnuts, so it will deter an "casual" attempt to rob the Hi-Lift. Also, I did not have to drill any new hole in my truck.

Again, thanks to Bryn for the original idea :D

Jan

PS: yes, I know, my Hi-Lift jack is waaaay too clean. :wink:
Last edited by GenevaPinz on Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jan

'72 Pinzgauer 710M
captxmas

Re: Hi-Lift jack storage

Post by captxmas »

Muy Bueno !

Clean, easy, accessable, functional Blah.....Blah....Blah.

I like it. Nice job.
Capt Xmas
McCall Pinz
Switzerland

Post by McCall Pinz »

Tres Jolie! I'll be copying this when I get a hi-lift jack!
eat, sleep, Pinzgauer
krick3tt

Post by krick3tt »

Very good idea. I purchased a High Lift when I had a Mog. Transferred it to the pinz and have not
used it since. Not many places to use a High Lift on a pinz, sides are too weak.
Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him:
better take a closer look at the American Indian.---Henry Ford
Pols497
United States of America

Post by Pols497 »

I like that. Where did you get the black dust cover. I haven't seen them in any of the catalogs selling Hi-lifts.
Roger Melton
westernair
United States of America

Post by westernair »

With seat belt rails behind my seats I wont be able to place mine there. Wish I could though as this a realy great space saver.
Shawn

62 haffy Bantam
61 haffy 4 door

72 710K - Sold
73 712M - Sold
GenevaPinz
Switzerland

Post by GenevaPinz »

krick3tt wrote:Not many places to use a High Lift on a pinz, sides are too weak.
I thought I would next bite the bullet on a "Lift-Mate", that's the attachment with two hooks so you can attach the hi-lift to a wheel.
Pols497 wrote:I like that. Where did you get the black dust cover. I haven't seen them in any of the catalogs selling Hi-lifts.
I believe from Amazon. They still have it, search for "hi lift neoprene cover". I think Quadratec has it too.
Jan

'72 Pinzgauer 710M
GenevaPinz
Switzerland

Post by GenevaPinz »

krick3tt wrote:Not many places to use a High Lift on a pinz, sides are too weak.
I thought I would next bite the bullet on a "Lift-Mate", that's the attachment with two hooks so you can attach the hi-lift to a wheel.
Pols497 wrote:I like that. Where did you get the black dust cover. I haven't seen them in any of the catalogs selling Hi-lifts.
I believe from Amazon. They still have it, search for "hi lift neoprene cover". I think Quadratec has it too.
Jan

'72 Pinzgauer 710M
ScottishPinz
Great Britain

Post by ScottishPinz »

What is the top attchement on your hilift?

Mine lives bolted across the front of the truck with the other part inside with my recovery equipment.

http://www.pinzgauer.4x4man.com/Modifications.html
GenevaPinz
Switzerland

Post by GenevaPinz »

ScottishPinz wrote:What is the top attchement on your hilift?
It's a Hi-Lift accessory called a "Jack-Mate". Got it from Amazon. Haven't used it yet but it's quite clever...
Jan

'72 Pinzgauer 710M