Intercom system

Build projects, things that guys have come up with to make a Pinz better (or worse?) and aftermarket add-ons.
crcpinz

Intercom system

Post by crcpinz »

Been reading the forum and searching for an intercom system for the Pinz . Ideally it would be a military one like the ones you guys have, but these things are difficult or impossible to export from the USA if they say "military" on the invoice, so I would be satisfied with a civilian/aircraft type of intercom system that would have proper noise-cancelling microphones and headphones. Can anyone recommend one that doesn't cost thousands of dollars? Thank you very much for your input.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
1976 710K
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000163282080
berger
Canada

Re: Intercom system

Post by berger »

Search eBay. They seem affordable...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aviation-Pilots ... 44&vxp=mtr
Ottawa, Canada
1974 710M
2007 2WD Ural Patrol
NoahDL88

Post by NoahDL88 »

Westernair installed Softcom into the 710K I bought from him, it works great when it works, but after about 5 minutes it cuts out, I'm not sure if its a softcom issue or a wiring issue, but they sure are a nice setup, and they keep my ears warm in the cold.

If I ever get around to fixing it, as it's just too much fun to drive that I'm not worried, I'll probably get the same if it's a hardware issue that I can't fix at home.
1972 710K
4x4Pinz
United States of America

Post by 4x4Pinz »

I have had an AVComm 6 station system in 712 since '05 and it works great. I put a portable unit for two in my 710 which is nice as it can be taken anywhere or in any vehicle.
Aviation Communications, Inc.
800 845 7541 or 626 967 4183 in Ca.

The largest cost is the head sets. You can spend as much as you like on them. both my systems are compatible with David clark headsets and can be found just about anywhere new or used.