Seat backrest bands

Build projects, things that guys have come up with to make a Pinz better (or worse?) and aftermarket add-ons.
berger
Canada

Seat backrest bands

Post by berger »

The 38 year old rubber bands that provide "support" for each seat are a pain in the arse to re-clip once the metal clips pop off! Instead of buying new rubber, I used the handyman's second most favorite tool (duct tape didn't work! :lol: )...zip ties.
They work quite well...

I also used the left over glue supplied with my split boots to reattach a torn strap. It is rock solid, even under tension.
Ottawa, Canada
1974 710M
2007 2WD Ural Patrol
audiocontr
United States of America

Re: Seat backrest bands

Post by audiocontr »

Rubber bungy cords work as well. Remove the hook, insert clip and attach
1973 712m
1968 Haflinger
1965 Pathfinder
1978 GMC Palm Beach (Hey, its got 6 wheels!!)
krick3tt

Post by krick3tt »

When the original rubber ones on my Mog died I cut an inner tube into 1.5 inch bands and reused the metal clips. A bit tighter than the OEM bands but very serviceable and very inexpensive.
Might even be able to bet an old tube at a tire store for free. Don't use them now as I have non stock seats in the pinz but, I used them for the pinz seats as well.
Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him:
better take a closer look at the American Indian.---Henry Ford
4x4Pinz
United States of America

Post by 4x4Pinz »

never gave mine a chance to break. Replaced those nasty seats within a week of owning my pinzies.
spandit

Post by spandit »

I used inner tube, doubled up (i.e. looped around one bar and tyed at the other side) - was tricky feeding it through the seats (mine are woven cloth) and tying a knot in it was difficult too but it's pretty rugged
--

Robin

Pinzgauer 710K
MegaJolt ignition
(upgrading to MicroSquirt)