Cold War Remarketing ????

Build projects, things that guys have come up with to make a Pinz better (or worse?) and aftermarket add-ons.
Tyler
Germany

Re: Cold War Remarketing ????

Post by Tyler »

I personally have done a decent amount of business with Patrick. Frankly, he's never done me wrong. However, ive never had anything shipped to me since i live 50 miles away. I always just go there to pick up my parts. He's virtually at my back door which is very convenient. I have the light bar which is in question. Its fantastic because its a solid mounting platform for lights, obviously because its designed for it. Andre's version is killer to. I have a 50" led bar on my truck, and its perfect for it. However, the visor is cut a little lower than id like and i kind of have to look under it to see traffic lights, but its all about a little compromise. i dont recall if Andre's version is cut higher, but id bet it is based on his fabrication skills and experience. Its worth it to have 15,000 lumens at my disposal. As far as Patrick, goes, there are numerous different opinions. My personal relations have been good. So theres my 2 cents to the conversation.

Tyler
75' 710
1975 710M
2016 Ram 2500
2016 F-350 Superduty
32’ gooseneck flatbed
1981 M111 welder trailer
2011 M101A1 trailer (sold)
Pinzi73

Re: Cold War Remarketing ???? BUYER BEWARE!!!

Post by Pinzi73 »

I'll renew this topic.. Unless you can deal with Cold War Remarketing in person... DO NOT buy anything from the website. I did and ended up having to file a claim with my credit card company. I never received the product, send many emails to Patrick trying to resolve the issue with not even one reply. I even tried calling and every time got a voicemail message that doesn't allow you to leave a message. To this day, I have yet to hear from the guy.

Very shady and unprofessional. I had heard good things about him, but now would not recommend them to my worst enemy. I'm amazed places like this can stay in business. Very disappointed!!!
1973 Pinzgauer 712M

It's like being a celebrity driving this puppy around town. You can't go anywhere without someone stopping you or coming up to you to talk about it. ;-)
Twin Pinzies

Post by Twin Pinzies »

I bought some (double spring) fold-down rear steps from Cold War Remarketing years ago. Recently, I went to his location in Littleton, CO to see his place. I explained that I really liked the steps even though one came with only one spring instead of two as advertised, and the springs kept wearing out. Instead of giving me a couple springs to swap out, he said "yep, I imagine that they did wear out. You need to buy new springs."
Instead of giving me $2 worth of a fix, he lost a customer for good. Awful service!
krick3tt

Post by krick3tt »

Please post the name of a supplier that you find that gives out new parts to replace things that wear out. We all want to deal with companies
that are willing to replace items for free that don't last forever. :lol:
Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him:
better take a closer look at the American Indian.---Henry Ford
Pinzi73

Post by Pinzi73 »

For me, it's as simple as this. Nice guy, good service, whatever..... The bottom line is I paid for a product, he took my money and never sent me the product. Even with all my attempts to resolve it via emails and calls. Basically, he stole $395.00 from me. To me he's a thief. It's speaks incredible volume as to his true character.
1973 Pinzgauer 712M

It's like being a celebrity driving this puppy around town. You can't go anywhere without someone stopping you or coming up to you to talk about it. ;-)
krick3tt

Post by krick3tt »

I agree. I live close but, prefer to do business with the sponsors of the site.
Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him:
berger
Canada

Post by berger »

This is why I prefer a credit card and PayPal through my card. If I do not get the order within 30 days, I cancel the order with my CC.

I am glad I heeded the advice of those here before dealing with CWR. They were tempting for a new owner.

Sent from my Mobile
Ottawa, Canada
1974 710M
2007 2WD Ural Patrol
Twin Pinzies

Post by Twin Pinzies »

krick3tt wrote:Please post the name of a supplier that you find that gives out new parts to replace things that wear out. We all want to deal with companies
that are willing to replace items for free that don't last forever. :lol:
If I was visited in person by a customer that had payed me $375 for two items (one of them built wrong), and that customer pointed out a design flaw that caused a certain part to prematurely wear out I would throw him couple complimentary replacement springs and thank him again for his business. I wouldn't just stand there and basically say "too bad for you."
It's called customer service.
krick3tt

Post by krick3tt »

As I recall, there is a sign in the office at CWR that states something like 'If you bought the wrong part, you now have a spare.'
I may have not gotten the wording verbatim but it is close. This is from many years ago, so memory is a bit hazy.
That idea sort of set the stage for me as to the customer service I could expect.
bikmakr
United States of America

Post by bikmakr »

Just an update as to the business practices of CWR. As a newbie, I ordered a rear step off the website in March. I received an automated response to my order and my CC was charged for the part. I inquired 1 week later as to the anticipated ship date. No response. 3 emails and 4 phones call to a number with a "full" mailbox; with no return....zero contact. I finally called my card company and they reversed the charges immediately. What's the scam here. Do some people just give up and loose their money? This site has provided me with immeasurable information about my truck. I just want everyone to know, this company seams to be up to it's old tricks. (judging by all the previous negative posts). AVOID CWR.
EmbarkChief
United States of America

Post by EmbarkChief »

Maybe it's time for a "sticky"?
-1972 710M
TechMOGogy
Canada

Post by TechMOGogy »

EmbarkChief wrote:Maybe it's time for a "sticky"?
x2
and one for Knuckle down - perhaps Vince can just put a new Topic: Vendors to avoid?
72 Pathfinder | 75 710M 2.7i | 96 350GDT Worker
David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

TechMOGogy wrote:
EmbarkChief wrote:Maybe it's time for a "sticky"?
x2
and one for Knuckle down - perhaps Vince can just put a new Topic: Vendors to avoid?

Though there is a use/need of a way to keep people informed of good and bad dealings, the uses of sticky's will eventually end up with people having to do a 'page down' just to get to a first new post.
I would also be concerned with a legal issue. And it is possible for a company to have a "bad day".... or a person had a deal where they felt mistreated or something too expensive and felt the need to blast them, though the customer was the one "out of line"...

This is a subject that has to be treaded lightly on....
The Trojan Horse... the 1st Pinz used to covertly carry troops into battle .

ATL Pinzgauer XM 718K TUM(HD) 6x6 FFR (aka The Green Grail)
EmbarkChief
United States of America

Post by EmbarkChief »

I see where you are coming from. Maybe an announcement could be placed at the top suggesting new users to search vendors on the forum before buying? Or how about a sub-forum where we could rate personal transactions with vendors and other forum members....
-1972 710M
TechMOGogy
Canada

Post by TechMOGogy »

Other forums I belong to have an 'Ultimate Sticky'
So a single sticky, at the top, that contains links to other "important" threads/topics so you don't clutter the board with 2 dozen stickys while providing a single link with good info for old and new members (regardless of what is in it), Forum rules, How to fill in your profile/location, Incorrect Lugnuts, 710M Color wiring schematic, etc
It would be a forum information only post with links and no comments/posts allowed

Perhaps a better way to go about it would be a "Supporting Vendors" or something similar and it would avoid the bashing.
I agree that it is a tread lightly topic but if it was in a sticky that only Admin's/Mod's could access then the 1 bad deal/day posts would not get in there.

Anyways - probably will not happen and it just seems that anyone new to the forum/Pinz are the ones that end up getting burned.
Cheers,
Dan
Last edited by TechMOGogy on Wed May 21, 2014 12:40 pm, edited 5 times in total.
72 Pathfinder | 75 710M 2.7i | 96 350GDT Worker