Cold War Remarketing ????

Build projects, things that guys have come up with to make a Pinz better (or worse?) and aftermarket add-ons.
John L
United States of America

Cold War Remarketing ????

Post by John L »

Guys:

I ordered a light bar from Cold War Remarketing for my Pinz. (metal bar that bolts into the holes on the windshield frame to mount spot and flood lights) I have a local guy that can fabricate something similar, but being in a hurry I decided to order one that was already proven and, so I thought, ready for shipment.

The order was placed on the 20th of August. I inquired on the order around the 30th as I had received one email thanking me for the order but nothing further. After my inquiry, I receved an email noting how Patrick Robb was in a bad accident back in 2010, outlining his progress, etc... Then he sent me an email letting me know it takes 3 weeks to build them as he was out of stock. Seems reasonable. But, when I inquired yesterday about the status of the order as it was 3 weeks post order, I got the same general email about his being in an accident a couple of years ago. I went to send a reminder email today and it was kicked back as the mailbox was over quota.

If the company is legit and he's merely having some trouble, I don't mind helping the guy out. But, my radar has gone up that something is amiss here. Has anyone used them lately or have any knowledge of what's going on with them? It seems to be a fairly substantial business and I can't imagine that one person being in an accident a couple of years ago would prevent a fabricator from making a light bar.

Curious if I need to cancell my order and chat with someone else. If there are problems, I thought I'd bring it to everyone's attention so we can all be careful.

Thanks for the input,

John
David Dunn
United States of America

Re: Cold War Remarketing ????

Post by David Dunn »

Do a search on Cold War Remarketing on this forum.... you're not the first to start a thread
The Trojan Horse... the 1st Pinz used to covertly carry troops into battle .

ATL Pinzgauer XM 718K TUM(HD) 6x6 FFR (aka The Green Grail)
John L
United States of America

Post by John L »

Thanks David. I should have done that to begin with. Sorry to clog up the forum with a needless post; but as much as I read this thing I hadn't seen anything about him good, bad or other. I found the threads you were referring to and plan to call Amex and rectify the problem. I need my light bar for hunting season and it doesn't look like Cold War will get it to me.

John
undysworld
Norway

Post by undysworld »

It's a shame to read this thread about another delay from CWR. I bought my truck there in '02, and felt like Patrick too good care of me, especially with helping me locate import ppwk in our fight with our DOT. But this concern about them taking payment and then not following through with a delivery has been voiced too many times. To my knowledge, Patrick does not manufacture anything himself. So perhaps he's on bad terms with his suppliers for similar reasons.

I was going to suggest the credit card route, but you've beat me to it.

FWIW, I don't think this is a useless thread, as it simply relates an apparently ongoing problem. You're not badmouthing Patrick, just commenting. If it saves others problems, then that's a useful post.
Andre
United States of America

Post by Andre »

I have fabbed those before. Why didn't you reach out to me. Probably didn't know I existed. My fab shop is in E Texas and I powdercoat everything I build prior to shipping. I could have done it for arround the same price and you would have had it 2 weeks ago.

Call if you can't get things worked out with CWR.

903-717-4018
Fat Fabrications
2993 FM 1647
Winnsboro, TX. 75494
fatfabrications@yahoo.com
(903) 365-2332 shop
(951) 765-7224 mobile
Facebook.com/dokapinz6x6
Www.fatfabrications.com
McCall Pinz
Switzerland

Post by McCall Pinz »

Websites- love 'em and hate 'em. real4x4, ei, and sav allow me to keep and maintain my Pinz in the middle of nowhere Idaho- love 'em. CWR's website looks good, current, and active so we keep going there, but then you here the horror stories...- hate 'em. And unfortunately, Andre's lack of website means nobody knows about the stuff he's built. For the record, my one purchase from CWR about 5 years ago was fine. Real4x4, EI, and SAV have always been great, and I've never met Andre or had him fab anything, but I'm saving up.
eat, sleep, Pinzgauer
pinzinator

Post by pinzinator »

You can't go wrong with Andre. He's fabbed a couple of items for my Pinzgauer and Haflinger, both were flawless. Could pass for OEM.
djw
United States of America

Post by djw »

Andre wrote:I have fabbed those before. Why didn't you reach out to me. Probably didn't know I existed. My fab shop is in E Texas and I powdercoat everything I build prior to shipping. I could have done it for arround the same price and you would have had it 2 weeks ago.

Call if you can't get things worked out with CWR.

903-717-4018
If you have a pic of one of these I would like to take a look.

Thanks.
'74 710K (ÖBH Austrian Rehab) mostly unmolested original - the unicorn (everything works!)
collecting pinz docs since 2012 - pm me if I can help
djw
United States of America

Post by djw »

John L wrote:Thanks David. I should have done that to begin with. Sorry to clog up the forum with a needless post; but as much as I read this thing I hadn't seen anything about him good, bad or other. I found the threads you were referring to and plan to call Amex and rectify the problem. I need my light bar for hunting season and it doesn't look like Cold War will get it to me.

John
I have wondered about CWR, particularly the semi-bizarre web site, and seen some sideways comments in the forum about shipping delays but had not tripped over a clear statement that "you were taking your chances with your money, buyer beware" or anything like that.

If the latter is the case please advise.
'74 710K (ÖBH Austrian Rehab) mostly unmolested original - the unicorn (everything works!)
collecting pinz docs since 2012 - pm me if I can help
PinzHound

Post by PinzHound »

My $100 CWR lesson was to never use a debit card online, doesn't have the protection of straight VISA.

I would like to see all our vendors prosper. However, I do expect a certain amount of professionalism if your going to call yourself a business.

I made small order, waited forever for the wrong part, called for a RMA, paid to send it back, verified item was received and waited...

I got three lame excuses before his accident. After the accident I was made to feel guilty for kicking someone when they're down and removed the post I had made here. I send them an email annually and am still out $100 + postage. But I did learn a lesson.

I'm still uncomfortable using this forum to vendor bash and will look for a better outlet for my unresolved anger issues.
John L
United States of America

Post by John L »

Guys:

I hope you know I'm not bashing anyone. The statements made were factual. Take my experience for what it's worth. I'd rather be well armed and forwarned than without bullets or a clue. :D

Andre I sent you a PM. Glad to see you are so close.

JL
McCall Pinz
Switzerland

Post by McCall Pinz »

The 2nd thing that comes up in a google search of "cold war remarketing" is a forum post about similar situation from a Mog site...
eat, sleep, Pinzgauer
totaljoint

Post by totaljoint »

Andre has done great work for me. He took my ideas and built my cage, bumpers, lighting and winch platform among other customization's. I have seen cages built locally by others, and the welds, design and quality of Andre's work is superior.
I would highly recommend him.

Jimm391730
United States of America

Post by Jimm391730 »

the welds, design and quality of Andre's work is superior
Andre does top-notch work. He did the rack for my 710M and all the exoskeleton/guards/winchbumper for my 712W.
He has owned many Pinzgauers and most of his work started out as a solution he needed for his vehicles; he has that "been there, done that" experience that makes his designs really work like they should.
Jim M.
712W and 710M
Winter Beater

Post by Winter Beater »

I did some business with Patrick late july. It takes a little work, a couple phone calls, e-mails and a couple shop visits but turned out OK.

Much, much less work dealing with SAV, EI , Linden or Andre. But I needed a part just bad enough.