Cold War Remarketing ????

Build projects, things that guys have come up with to make a Pinz better (or worse?) and aftermarket add-ons.
krick3tt

Re: Cold War Remarketing ????

Post by krick3tt »

How about buying from the sponsors or asking for a referral for a product you may want? So much easier than bitching about a vendor or risking a lawsuit over a bad faith act.
Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him:
better take a closer look at the American Indian.---Henry Ford
TechMOGogy
Canada

Post by TechMOGogy »

krick3tt wrote:How about buying from the sponsors or asking for a referral for a product you may want? So much easier than bitching about a vendor or risking a lawsuit over a bad faith act.
If your new to the Pinz world how do you know who is "good" and who is "bad"?
Do we want the board filled with people asking if they should buy a new bolt from Scott or SAV?
Just sayin' - it is the new members that seem to get burned and that can be a pretty negative experience for a new 'hobby'
72 Pathfinder | 75 710M 2.7i | 96 350GDT Worker
David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

EmbarkChief wrote:I see where you are coming from. Maybe an announcement could be placed at the top suggesting new users to search vendors on the forum before buying? Or how about a sub-forum where we could rate personal transactions with vendors and other forum members....
I kind of like the idea a rating type section... but not something that allows long drawn out or numerous posts...
Possibly something simple,that gives a vendors name, a 0 to 5 Pinz rating :wink: and a 100 to 200 charactor review area...? Something similar to ebay..

BUT, it depend what the software of this forum can support,

You may like a 12 room mansion with a 4 car garage, but all you can aford is a 2 room apartment with a carport :wink:
The Trojan Horse... the 1st Pinz used to covertly carry troops into battle .

ATL Pinzgauer XM 718K TUM(HD) 6x6 FFR (aka The Green Grail)
undysworld
Norway

Post by undysworld »

TechMOGogy wrote: If your new to the Pinz world how do you know who is "good" and who is "bad"?
Do we want the board filled with people asking if they should buy a new bolt from Scott or SAV?
Just sayin' - it is the new members that seem to get burned and that can be a pretty negative experience for a new 'hobby'
"Pinz world", what about the Real World in general? There's a learning curve to every pursuit, and rare antique imported vehicles are no exception. There are cheaper hobbies out there. :cry: If it was easy, everybody would be doing it. As they say: Caveat Emptor.

Several good suggestions have already been made.
1 Buy with a credit card.
2 Buy from a Forum Sponsor or from the list of "Recommended Suppliers" found here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6779.
3 Ask for a referral for a specific part you need.
4 Do a search for a vendor you intend to buy from.
5 When you find a new item from an honest seller, post info for others to learn from.

There have been numerous complaints made over the years about different Pinz-related businesses, and I believe they are all still available.

I agree with Dave's concerns over legal issues.
Pinz710m2

Post by Pinz710m2 »

Ummm ... maybe you (Vince) can address this issue
in the positive by posting a new category: Vendors,
forum supporters, and Vendor specials. Allow only
vendors and sponsors to post whatever they want,
and they can keep us informed on what they have
on sale, incoming, etc. I'm sure the vendors would
appreciate the exposure.