Here's another way to get ipod stereo in a Pinzgauer

Build projects, things that guys have come up with to make a Pinz better (or worse?) and aftermarket add-ons.
McCall Pinz
Switzerland

Here's another way to get ipod stereo in a Pinzgauer

Post by McCall Pinz »

eat, sleep, Pinzgauer
krick3tt

Re: Here's another way to get ipod stereo in a Pinzgauer

Post by krick3tt »

....and, it really looks good with bullets all over it.
Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him:
better take a closer look at the American Indian.---Henry Ford
McCall Pinz
Switzerland

Post by McCall Pinz »

...and with a Sig 552...
eat, sleep, Pinzgauer
Jackal80

Post by Jackal80 »

thanks for the link. Just did this...
Attachments
598449_3428976141420_1224797095_n.jpg
598449_3428976141420_1224797095_n.jpg (72.78 KiB) Viewed 6256 times
Don't be afraid to do something completely Outrageous. 73 712m Tan, 73 712m Green
stiffler4444
Canada

Post by stiffler4444 »

Not a bad price really for what you're getting. Sure you could put one together yourself, but why bother, looks great and I bet it sounds even better!
1972 710m
westernair
United States of America

Post by westernair »

stiffler4444 wrote:Not a bad price really for what you're getting. Sure you could put one together yourself, but why bother, looks great and I bet it sounds even better!
x-mas is comming up, anyoneone want to buy me a gift :?:
Shawn

62 haffy Bantam
61 haffy 4 door

72 710K - Sold
73 712M - Sold
Jorgo

Post by Jorgo »

just ordered the Large A box, with the upgraded bluetooth and a 1/4" port for guitar amp.
a little steep, at 699.00 delivered for basically a boom box, but I am mechanically retarded -er, challenged, so it's likely much less than going to car stereo shop and hoping they know how to deal with the 24V and buying boat speakers. I'll post the pix and review when it gets here, should be 5-6 weeks.
Cheers-
Jorgo

24 TIRES
'73 712M
'74 712M
'04 G500
'07 Range Rover

"Those who were seen dancing
were thought to be insane
By those who could not hear the music"
McCall Pinz
Switzerland

Post by McCall Pinz »

Sweet! Merry X-mas! Let us know how it works.
eat, sleep, Pinzgauer
stiffler4444
Canada

Post by stiffler4444 »

Jorgo wrote:just ordered the Large A box, with the upgraded bluetooth and a 1/4" port for guitar amp.
a little steep, at 699.00 delivered for basically a boom box, but I am mechanically retarded -er, challenged, so it's likely much less than going to car stereo shop and hoping they know how to deal with the 24V and buying boat speakers. I'll post the pix and review when it gets here, should be 5-6 weeks.
Cheers-
You would probably get stung a long worse at a stereo shop...good buy in my opinion!
1972 710m
GenevaPinz
Switzerland

Post by GenevaPinz »

Jorgo wrote:just ordered the Large A box, with the upgraded bluetooth and a 1/4" port for guitar amp.
Cheers-
Their setup is quite sweet... I haven't pulled the trigger because I did not see whether there is any sort of waterproofing quality to their product. Do you know if this is at least splash-resistant? In a Pinz, you never know...
Jan

'72 Pinzgauer 710M
Jorgo

Post by Jorgo »

UPDATE: sorry to report that "six to eight week delivery" is now going on five months...... unintelligibly vague BS "answers" despite constant requests for specific completion and shipping Dates. Last week they emailed me telling me it would finish this week and to paypal the remaining 50%. I replied that I would when they can send me an actual completion date in writing..then I got an email saying they did not get an order of parts they were expecting, so it would be "a little bit longer".....I assume at this point that there is a very good chance of this being a scam, and when I emailed them with this assumption they replied " how could this be a scam? Look at the website" and the classic: yours is getting the upgraded Bluetooth/amp components at the "old price"....
While the website and photography is nice, the customer service and overall experience has been pitifully lacking. I hold out. Hope that someday I might receive the box and it will be worth the wait, but I definitely wouldn't have put down a deposit knowing the wait was five months...
I'll let you know if by some miracle I haven't been "Madoff'd".

Guess it's me and the old Mikita rechargeable job site stereo for the foreseeable future...
Cheers.
Jorgo

24 TIRES
'73 712M
'74 712M
'04 G500
'07 Range Rover

"Those who were seen dancing
were thought to be insane
By those who could not hear the music"
McCall Pinz
Switzerland

Post by McCall Pinz »

That's disappointing to hear, especially since I posted this originally and was looking forward to an update. Post to expeditionportal.com too to let them know about the bad CS
eat, sleep, Pinzgauer