First EFI run... sort of

Build projects, things that guys have come up with to make a Pinz better (or worse?) and aftermarket add-ons.
spandit

First EFI run... sort of

Post by spandit »

Bolted the new fuel rails up and couldn't resist seeing what happened if I cranked it. Bear in mind the exhaust flexi couplings are not there (so 8" gap between manifold & heat exchanger) and I'd left the top breather hose off in my excitement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYvOui317Rc

A subsequent try with the hose back on was much more successful but there was so much oil in the exhaust that the smoke was unbelievable - looked like a Challenger tank! I'll try again when it's a bit windier & I've got a full exhaust...
--

Robin

Pinzgauer 710K
MegaJolt ignition
(upgrading to MicroSquirt)
spandit

Re: First EFI run... sort of

Post by spandit »

With full exhaust and an oil change later, she runs great! Considering half the sensors aren't connected and the rest of the wiring is using unshielded domestic screw terminal blocks (temporarily...) I'm very pleased... :D

Drove her forward and back a few yards - needs some more grease on the gear linkage - it's been sat around for a while and pretty squeaky.

Still smoking a fair bit but reckon there's still so much oil in the exhaust that it was inevitable. I realised that in all my running problems beforehand, I'd been pumping more and more fuel into the cylinders and it was leaking through the rings and thinning the oil - got to the stage where it was so thin the oil was coming back through the rings (it was dripping out of the exhaust headers - certainly not going to get a lot of rust there for a while!). The oil that came out when I did the change stank of petrol (gas)

Just need to tidy the wiring and fit an air filter as the stock one doesn't fit any more
--

Robin

Pinzgauer 710K
MegaJolt ignition
(upgrading to MicroSquirt)