Original or ?? Brush Guard

Build projects, things that guys have come up with to make a Pinz better (or worse?) and aftermarket add-ons.
TechMOGogy
Canada

Original or ?? Brush Guard

Post by TechMOGogy »

I have seen a few of these in various Google images and it seems that both trucks are from AZ
Just wondering if this front guard is original or was/is someone making them?
Brush Bar.jpg
Brush Bar.jpg (145.04 KiB) Viewed 5328 times
Pinzgauer-4.jpg
Pinzgauer-4.jpg (74.13 KiB) Viewed 5328 times
Pinzgauer-6.jpg
Pinzgauer-6.jpg (92.05 KiB) Viewed 5328 times
PS - yellow & green 710M you may recognize as Juergen's truck - he sold it and it is now back together and on the road.
I assume new owner is not on this board??

EDIT: Just went to Juergen's site and it looks to be made by Scott Simon - so I guess that answers my question :mrgreen:
72 Pathfinder | 75 710M 2.7i | 96 350GDT Worker
Jimm391730
United States of America

Re: Original or ?? Brush Guard

Post by Jimm391730 »

The only original guard would be the bumperettes! They are aftermarket, but I don't know who made them.
Jim M.
712W and 710M
4x4Pinz
United States of America

Post by 4x4Pinz »

Yes, Scott Simon made several of these years ago. Most have since been replaced with a heavier front bumper. I know that Tim has taken at least four of them off. I don't know what the owners did with the ones removed. there was one for sale locally here but I think the guy gave up on it and just scrapped it out.

I am sure Andre could easily build one similar to it if you asked him to. BTW the bumperettes are beefed up under the mounting points to make it even stiffer.

The yellow one is indeed Juergens old truck and the other one was Scott's personal truck which he sold to a guy in California. I believe the truck was repainted so you may see the bumper guard twice but in reality it is the same one.
surfgringo

Post by surfgringo »

Andre Swanson (fatfabrications) made a really nice bumper for me this past winter. I live in Canada, and he is in Texas. He has done work for many Pinzgauer owners on this site.
He fabricated it, had it powder coated, installed the winch, and shipped the package up to Canada no problems & great guy to deal with. I highly recommend him, he can build whatever you want.

I have been procrastinating with the pictures, which I have wanted to post to share with everyone. I wanted a simple, clean and "stock" looking brush bar winch bumber and send Andre several ideas, and he came up with this design. Kudos to Andre, I love it. Pics attached...

Cheers
Kevin.
Attachments
PinzBeach5.jpg
PinzBeach5.jpg (287.48 KiB) Viewed 5073 times
PinzBeach3.jpg
PinzBeach3.jpg (267.02 KiB) Viewed 5073 times
PinzBeach1.jpg
PinzBeach1.jpg (242.23 KiB) Viewed 5073 times
1981 Pinzgauer 710K, 1979 VW Westfalia
Jorgo

Post by Jorgo »

One of my 712's has one of these. They look better on paper (or on line) than they do in person. When parked together, the pinz with just stock bumperettes makes the brush guard on other look like just a bolt on aftermarket part. Looks better without it IMO. Tubular structure, with compound curves just doesnt complment the square design- (again- just my opinion)

The bumper Andre fabbed for the 710K pictured looks like something I may be needing two of in the future.....awesome. Any idea of cost on that model ?

If you are interested in my tubular model PM me..I've been putting off removing it, might be the motivation I need.

Cheers,
Jorgo

24 TIRES
'73 712M
'74 712M
'04 G500
'07 Range Rover

"Those who were seen dancing
were thought to be insane
By those who could not hear the music"
TechMOGogy
Canada

Post by TechMOGogy »

Jorgo wrote:One of my 712's has one of these. They look better on paper (or on line) than they do in person. When parked together, the pinz with just stock bumperettes makes the brush guard on other look like just a bolt on aftermarket part. Looks better without it IMO. Tubular structure, with compound curves just doesnt complment the square design- (again- just my opinion)

The bumper Andre fabbed for the 710K pictured looks like something I may be needing two of in the future.....awesome. Any idea of cost on that model ?

If you are interested in my tubular model PM me..I've been putting off removing it, might be the motivation I need.

Cheers,
Cn you post a few pics of it as I would be interested in seeing it from the side.
Thanks,
Last edited by TechMOGogy on Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
72 Pathfinder | 75 710M 2.7i | 96 350GDT Worker
stiffler4444
Canada

Post by stiffler4444 »

Jorgo, I will PM you the info Andre gave me on his fabbed bumper
1972 710m