Found 10-30 volt 1156 LED bulbs !

Build projects, things that guys have come up with to make a Pinz better (or worse?) and aftermarket add-ons.
Dr-Nuts

Found 10-30 volt 1156 LED bulbs !

Post by Dr-Nuts »

For those of you that use a trailer for your military 24volt truck and civilian 12 volt truck there is a new inexpensive LED 1156 bulb that makes things real easy. It is the same physical size as the standard 1156 bulb. The box the bulbs come in has printed on it 10V-30V

Mark

I am sure these are available from multiple places.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/390628074022?ss ... 1439.l2648

A delusional mind is what you make of it...
pcolette
United States of America

Re: Found 10-30 volt 1156 LED bulbs !

Post by pcolette »

Another good source of LED bulbs is http://www.superbrightleds.com/

They have a large selection at reasonable prices with quick delivery.
Paul C.
_________
'73 Swiss 710M
'89 Puch 230GE
krick3tt

Post by krick3tt »

This is a question about the head lights. During a night adventure this past weekend, I was not as road worthy as I would like. My stock headlights
are not all that bright and I was wondering if the newer LED headlights I have noticed on some pinzies, is it a simple R and R or is there some secret
installation procedure I don't know about.
My safety and that of my passenger and those other drivers on the road are at stake here...so a replacement is in order.

Any tips and sources that anyone has would be greatly appreciated.

I like the tail light idea as I use the trailer on the other vehicle that is 12V and a dual bulb would be good.

Happy trails,
Morris
Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him:
better take a closer look at the American Indian.---Henry Ford
TechMOGogy
Canada

Post by TechMOGogy »

72 Pathfinder | 75 710M 2.7i | 96 350GDT Worker
pcolette
United States of America

Post by pcolette »

They're very easy to install, no special skills needed.

The newer design is available on ebay from a Trucklite distributor, Levine Auto Parts, here at a good price: http://www.ebay.com/itm/TRUCK-LITE-2727 ... 80&vxp=mtr

I've done business with them before and they're a good outfit.
Paul C.
_________
'73 Swiss 710M
'89 Puch 230GE
krick3tt

Post by krick3tt »

Any issues with flicker with these lights? Reading a writeup there was mention of having to install diodes in the line.
Any truth to that from your point of view?
Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him:
better take a closer look at the American Indian.---Henry Ford
pcolette
United States of America

Post by pcolette »

I've never noticed any flickering in either set I have. I'm not sure what would cause flickering that wouldn't already be filtered by the internal circuitry in the bulb assembly - but then I also don't understand how these magically emit light without a filament :)
Paul C.
_________
'73 Swiss 710M
'89 Puch 230GE
djw
United States of America

Post by djw »

krick3tt wrote:This is a question about the head lights. During a night adventure this past weekend, I was not as road worthy as I would like. My stock headlights
are not all that bright and I was wondering if the newer LED headlights I have noticed on some pinzies, is it a simple R and R or is there some secret
installation procedure I don't know about.
My safety and that of my passenger and those other drivers on the road are at stake here...so a replacement is in order.

Any tips and sources that anyone has would be greatly appreciated.

I like the tail light idea as I use the trailer on the other vehicle that is 12V and a dual bulb would be good.

Happy trails,
Morris
I have had the mil style Trucklites for about a year. Originally I had recent vintage euro H4 headlights as they came from the Austrian military. The H4 headlights lit more of the road in any scenario and the hi-beams were much brighter and wider than the Trucklites. But they were hotter and pulled more current. The LEDs are whiter, sturdier, will probably last forever, but their brightness after living with them for a year is... adequate. They light a narrower road patch. The newer style Trucklites may be better but I have seen reviews on the web that show there is some difference but not a tremendous amount.

If brightness and visibility (or price) are your #1 objective, I would investigate a premium euro H4 headlight. If longevity, power draw, or the cool factor (at 2x the cost) are most important, the LEDs are an easy swap.

Even though they are aimed properly, nobody every "flashes" me with the LEDs on bright. Everybody flashed on the H4s if I accidentally left them on.

Just one person's opinion, worth maybe 2 cents.
'74 710K (ÖBH Austrian Rehab) mostly unmolested original - the unicorn (everything works!)
collecting pinz docs since 2012 - pm me if I can help