Winch bumper

Build projects, things that guys have come up with to make a Pinz better (or worse?) and aftermarket add-ons.
krick3tt

Re: Winch bumper

Post by krick3tt »

Front and sides look good. what did you do to the rear? Can't let that go, can you?
Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him:
better take a closer look at the American Indian.---Henry Ford
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

krick3tt wrote:Front and sides look good. what did you do to the rear? Can't let that go, can you?
The rear bumpers are pretty bad so probably next on the list! Also need to re skin the rear door (got one from Jim Lagardia)
I need to think of a cool way to tie into the rails
Pols497
United States of America

Post by Pols497 »

I like it. Are you going to do something different with the spare tire rack when you do the rear bumper? :D
Roger Melton
Todd

Post by Todd »

How have you handled the 12v winch solution? I bought the truck Andre had an it came with a Warn XD 9300 12v winch which he mounted on one if his bumpers. I was planning on just hooking jumper cable to the back battery for emergency use.

I also have those dog boxes if you were able to sell yours and knew anybody else needing some.
krick3tt

Post by krick3tt »

I am working on a rear bumper. I took the tube plugs off to clean up the original and discovered that it was very rusty inside the round tubes. I have cut my pieces out of 2 inch square tubes
and am in the process of welding it together. It amazes me all the places where rust can form.
I am curious to see your solution for the rear bumper. You have done such a fine job so far, I hope I can do a work nearly as good as yours. :)
Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him:
better take a closer look at the American Indian.---Henry Ford
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

Todd wrote:How have you handled the 12v winch solution? I bought the truck Andre had an it came with a Warn XD 9300 12v winch which he mounted on one if his bumpers. I was planning on just hooking jumper cable to the back battery for emergency use.

I also have those dog boxes if you were able to sell yours and knew anybody else needing some.

Haven't had a chance to work on the bumper or winch... had a tough few weeks but the winch will be straight to 24v. dog boxes went to the junk guy!
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

krick3tt wrote:I am working on a rear bumper. I took the tube plugs off to clean up the original and discovered that it was very rusty inside the round tubes. I have cut my pieces out of 2 inch square tubes
and am in the process of welding it together. It amazes me all the places where rust can form.
I am curious to see your solution for the rear bumper. You have done such a fine job so far, I hope I can do a work nearly as good as yours. :)
Well thank you!! But i'm just practicing like everyone else. My rear bumpers are pretty bad, gonna re-skin the rear door and start on rear bumper at the same time just need to figure something cool and practical.
Todd

Post by Todd »

Gotcha. Are you going to change out solenoids or just take your chances and hope for the best. I talked to an electric motor guy today and he seemed to think that the motor would be fine as long as it wasn't used continuously. He wasn't sure the solenoids could handle it.
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

Todd wrote:Gotcha. Are you going to change out solenoids or just take your chances and hope for the best. I talked to an electric motor guy today and he seemed to think that the motor would be fine as long as it wasn't used continuously. He wasn't sure the solenoids could handle it.
That's what i was thinking. If the solenoids burn not to hard to change