Sun shades for pinz?

Build projects, things that guys have come up with to make a Pinz better (or worse?) and aftermarket add-ons.
audiocontr
United States of America

Sun shades for pinz?

Post by audiocontr »

Gents,

Have any of you created a sun shade for a pinz like what are marketed for jeeps? http://www.extremeterrain.com/rugged-ri ... igodigital

They're pretty simplistic. I'd love one for the front.. possibly even nicer on the rear. Has anyone created one via McGyver skills?
1973 712m
1968 Haflinger
1965 Pathfinder
1978 GMC Palm Beach (Hey, its got 6 wheels!!)
krick3tt

Re: Sun shades for pinz?

Post by krick3tt »

Since I never take off my roof fabric that would be lost on me. Doesn't look that difficult to create though. Simple sewing skills would make such a thing very easy to create.
Shade fabric can be had from almost any garden supply shop, in various degrees of filtering.
Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him:
better take a closer look at the American Indian.---Henry Ford
TechMOGogy
Canada

Post by TechMOGogy »

Looks at

Phifertex® Plus - Black
When a tighter weave in a vinyl encapsulated polyester yarn is desired select PHIFERTEX® Plus. Use for cushion covers to allow moisture to escape and for breathable, heat filtering awnings and umbrellas (provides 90+ % shade factor). Use for window coverings -- PHIFERTEX® Plus provides excellent privacy while maintaining good interior light and it adds protection for the window itself.Phifertex is easy to work with and sew. 54 inches wide, 15.8 ounces per square yard. Vinyl encapsulated woven polyester yarns provide excellent dimensional stability that remains flexible in all climates. Fade resistant and designed to let water pass through it.
Phifertex mesh fabric is ideal for patio furniture, roller shades, outdoor cushion covers, boat cockpit cushions, boat enclosures, structural awnings, RV and yacht window covers, placemats, and water draining bags. Use Phifertex material on the bottom of outdoor cushions so that they can drain dry.

Suntex Mesh
Superior exterior shading fabric made of strong vinyl-coated polyester. This fabric was originally developed for outdoor furnitue. Suntex is mildew and fade resistant and is ideal for use as a shading fabric on exterior roll shades, awnings, umbrellas and custom gazebos.
72 Pathfinder | 75 710M 2.7i | 96 350GDT Worker
stiffler4444
Canada

Post by stiffler4444 »

I created a wonderful sun shade using surplus camo netting. It is remarkably good at filtering sun, but allows cool breezes in and also creates a very relaxing sound as the wind rustles the camo......

Best part is I have it zipped tied to the bows, so it stays on year round, just throw the top over it.

tx Dave
1972 710m