Andre's rear seat frame for e track

Build projects, things that guys have come up with to make a Pinz better (or worse?) and aftermarket add-ons.
totaljoint

Andre's rear seat frame for e track

Post by totaljoint »

Here are some photos of Andre's e track mounted rear seats.

The beauty of this system is that they can be moved front to back, and the original troop seats need not be removed, in fact they can be left up in front of the frame to allow access for feet to the floor, or down as in these pictures. They attach to the e track with 4 -6000 lb e track brackets and the seat belts attach on one side to the frame and on the outside to the e track.
The frames sit on 1/2 inch rubber horse stall mat strips that I had left over from another project.

The bolts holding the seats to the frame have a ring head to allow attachment of gear/ ice chest. The ammo boxes are night vision goggle cases and match the height of the truck bed side so that your arms are at the same level when used as arm rests. They have a strap that holds them to the frame- not shown in the pictures. Seats are from Northern Tool, and headrests were $5.00 on ebay.

Thanks, Andre!

pcolette
United States of America

Re: Andre's rear seat frame for e track

Post by pcolette »

Very nice!
I've never seen those e-track brackets before. I like the flexibility of the design for seat placement and add-ons.
I may have to contact Andre....
Paul C.
_________
'73 Swiss 710M
'89 Puch 230GE
TechMOGogy
Canada

Post by TechMOGogy »

That is a very cool design!
Nicely done and well thought out
72 Pathfinder | 75 710M 2.7i | 96 350GDT Worker
Buzz
United States of America

Post by Buzz »

I can't help but ask, what is the red hose for?
"It's as stupid and wonderful as owning a pet elephant."
1974 Pinzgauer 710M
1990 Puch G Wagon 230 GE
EmbarkChief
United States of America

Post by EmbarkChief »

How comfortable is that? Do you just sit with your legs straight out?
-1972 710M
totaljoint

Post by totaljoint »

The red hose is scat flex hose for the hot air from the webasto heater. You can direct the heat where it is needed. The original articulated aluminum hose doesn't like getting crushed. The silicone scat is much more forgiving.

The bolster on the seat is about 2 1/2 to three inches above the deck. So far I've found that sitting with my feet propped against the bulkhead is very comfortable with the seats moved forward. Also moving the seat frame to the second row of troop,seats and folding the backs up on the front row allows your outside leg to rest on the forward troop seat cushion, and your inboard knee to bend naturally with the foot on the truck floor.
In either case, it beats the troop seats hands down, even for my old knees. Best analogy I can think of is that it's much like sitting on the couch with my feet on the coffee table.

I keep the set up like this because our dogs like to lie and rest their heads on our kids legs when we're driving.
TechMOGogy
Canada

Post by TechMOGogy »

As a question: if the boxes were removed from the center and the seats side by side - do you think there would be leg room to place both feet on the ground?
I know this is not what you want but was just wondering.
Thanks,
72 Pathfinder | 75 710M 2.7i | 96 350GDT Worker
totaljoint

Post by totaljoint »

if the boxes were removed from the center and the seats side by side - do you think there would be leg room to place both feet on the ground?
If you are close friends with narrow feet. Probably fine for kids. Try this: fold down your most rear seats and leave the front ones up. Sit on
the deck, and see how much room you have in the middle for your feet. For me it was easier to enter between the seats rather than to the sides, but that
might work fine too. I never liked the three across rear seating in the K's- no arm rests. But then, I'm not a fan of the middle seat in an airplane either.

I chose these seats from Northern Tool because they have waterproof vinyl/foam, are cheap, light but most importantly have
a steel shell for secure and simple attachment of the frame. They are also designed to be individually removed while camping for seating outside the truck.
Turns out they're more comfortable than I expected too.
You may find other ones that are narrower and placed close to center would allow both passenger's feet to hit the floor.

I know some believe it looks uncomfortable with the feet up.
Sitting with your feet up (and back supported) is a relaxing position (watch your kids on a long drive, or watching TV).
Andre proposed a slight rear tilt in the seats so the seat back is not vertical but slightly reclined. This raises the bolster
under the thigh too (he's pretty good with ergonomics as well!).
Andre
United States of America

Post by Andre »

Apprentice tested, and approved.
Attachments
0324141119a.jpg
0324141119a.jpg (55.02 KiB) Viewed 6060 times
0324141121.jpg
0324141121.jpg (77.57 KiB) Viewed 6060 times
0324141123.jpg
0324141123.jpg (66.07 KiB) Viewed 6060 times
Fat Fabrications
2993 FM 1647
Winnsboro, TX. 75494
fatfabrications@yahoo.com
(903) 365-2332 shop
(951) 765-7224 mobile
Facebook.com/dokapinz6x6
Www.fatfabrications.com
Jorgo

Post by Jorgo »

Four words:
well done. How much?
Jorgo

24 TIRES
'73 712M
'74 712M
'04 G500
'07 Range Rover

"Those who were seen dancing
were thought to be insane
By those who could not hear the music"
Andre
United States of America

Post by Andre »

Ed's was the prototype and took a bit longer than it should have as I had to engineer as I built.
Provided we use the same seats, I can build the 2 seat frames and mounting tray for $850, raw(materials and hardware ran $240 in WA.)

seats, head rests, and ammo cans would need to be ordered and shipped to my shop first. I would also need to know how high the E track got mounted on truck.
Fat Fabrications
2993 FM 1647
Winnsboro, TX. 75494
fatfabrications@yahoo.com
(903) 365-2332 shop
(951) 765-7224 mobile
Facebook.com/dokapinz6x6
Www.fatfabrications.com