CV AXLE

Build projects, things that guys have come up with to make a Pinz better (or worse?) and aftermarket add-ons.
Haf-e
United States of America

Re: CV AXLE

Post by Haf-e »

Thanks for the update. Would be very interested in seeing how you did the installation of the Saturn Vue / Equinox electric power steering unit. Lots of these in pick-n-pull yards these days (as long as you are there quickly before they get pulled and put on ebay).

Sent you a PM as well.
Haf-e

1971 Pinzgauer 710M

Disc Brake Conversion Kits for 710 and 712 Pinzgauers
www.klugewerks.com
NEWFISHER

Post by NEWFISHER »

I am also interested in electric powersteering. I am wondering how well the motors take low front tire pressure and rocks ???
MACH
Mexico

Post by MACH »

I ONLY DROVE IT FOR A FEW DAYS BEFORE I TIPPED OVER , I WILL TAKE SOME PHOTOS NEXT WEEK AND WILL WRITE A POST.
Haf-e
United States of America

Post by Haf-e »

For those thinking of the driveshaft conversion to CV joints - I think the only issue with the VW thing type driveshaft is with the standard bellows type boots and the higher RPMs involved.

If you look at the overdrive thread where "BIKEMKR" uses a pair of CVs, he suggest not using the bellows type and instead suggest a driveline type boot from a company called Taylor Racing:

http://www.taylor-race.com/part.cfm?id= ... CV&popup=1

On his build he used a smaller 94mm CV (which has a 78mm bolt circle) - I think the VW thing 100mm size CV might fit better (it has an 86mm bolt circle) - but I haven't measured anything actually to know.

These boots are available online for $31 each.
Haf-e

1971 Pinzgauer 710M

Disc Brake Conversion Kits for 710 and 712 Pinzgauers
www.klugewerks.com