Exhaust system

Issues pertaining to the TGB/C30X series engine and driveline issues
thedoeges

Exhaust system

Post by thedoeges »

Hello,

I want to update my exhaust mufflers and pipes. Does anyone know if there are comparable parts here in the US that work? Had a muffler shop look at mine and he mumbled something about generic VW mufflers and that it doesn't matter so much if it is the exact and original Volvo mufflers and pipes.
Marcus
VinceAtReal4x4s
Admin
United States of America

Re: Exhaust system

Post by VinceAtReal4x4s »

Have a good shop put a modern Flowmaster on there and tuck the pipes up so they dont hang down so much. Worked perfectly on mine and was just as quiet with better flow than the old stuff.
"For those who risk, life has a flavor the protected shall never enjoy"

Your donation makes this site possible!

M Wehrman
United States of America

Post by M Wehrman »

I had new flanges cut from 3/8" plate and made "shorty" headers (2 into one) used a really short muffler from NAPA. It exits just rear of the pass side step (TGB). Throaty, no more blown exhaust gaskets. It took away the heat factor from the fuel system,(using early 80's CIS system, fuel distributor mounted12in. above original muffler). It also opens the previous muffler area for other things, batts, water, or whatever. The key thing is that I was replacing flange gaskets EVERY trip over 200mi. because the system was so damn hot! It also got rid of the vulnerable cross pipe. Honestly the only purpose of having the exhaust exit on the left is so the driver can see the black smoke and pull back on the choke!
Mark
Stock means no imagination!

Volvo TGB1317, .95% Morphed!

68 Haffy
thedoeges

Post by thedoeges »

:)

Thanks