C303 internal layout

Issues pertaining to the TGB/C30X series engine and driveline issues
rdover

C303 internal layout

Post by rdover »

I've seen and driven a TGB1111 and although I really liked it I was put off by the soft top arrangement. I'v always preferred teh look of the C303 but am a little confused about the internal layout.

On the TGB the cab area is separate from the passenger/gun area with the flat/boxed area at the rear carries all the bits and bobs needed to kill stuff. Is the interior of the C303 all open or is it split into 3 sections: cab, passenger and load. If so, can it be converted into an open area as perhaps a camper or RV with attitude?
lindenengineering

Post by lindenengineering »

The c303 is split into three sections as you have mentioned.
The only difference is that there is a mesh screen fixed to the superstructure(s) to physically seperate each area.
These screens can be removed and doing so opens the whole inside up to creative minds. In its original condition I am afraid it reminded me of a paddywagon.

The roof is strong enough to accept a roof mounted air conditioning system, being Webasto agents we install the CC4E unit with an alternator upgrade to take care of power consumption of 58 amp. So turning your vehicle into an off road all purpose adventure vehicle is really a possibilty

If you want photos I can supply several interiors of sold units we have had in stock to give you an idea of the internal layout.
Dennis
Dennis
rdover

Post by rdover »

Aircon is not a problem here in Scotland, just open a window.

Any pictures of interiors would be gratefully accepted. I've got a Landrover hybrid that is serious contender for daft purchase of the year and I've got a mad plan to turn this 303 into a camper on steroids, maybe.

The wife's idea of a good holiday is 2 weeks lying by a pool in the sun whilst mine is more active, shall we say. The kids would like a comping type holiday I'm sure.
Michaelmr2

Post by Michaelmr2 »

lindenengineering wrote: The only difference is that there is a mesh screen fixed to the superstructure(s) to physically seperate each area.
These screens can be removed and doing so opens the whole inside up to creative minds. In its original condition I am afraid it reminded me of a paddywagon.

Paddy Wagon? Are you overly familiar with the inner workings of a paddy wagon? if yes, by choice or were you arrested? :lol:
rdover

Post by rdover »

Just to let you know guys, I got back from Sweden last week with a nice little toy. It's got air con, eberspacher PTO winch and roof rack.

I've even opened a wee website at www.volvoc303.co.uk selling these wee beauties in the UK.

David and Vince need not worry, we're not in competition!