electric fan in my 303

Issues pertaining to the TGB/C30X series engine and driveline issues
Cole Wilson

electric fan in my 303

Post by Cole Wilson »

I just wanted to let you know about my favorite modification. I placed a 16" electric fan on my 303 and built a custom fiberglass shroud. This modification made a huge difference. It gave me a little more power but the noise inside the cab was greatly reduced. Caution the fan without the shroud did not cool enough at high speed, however it cooled better at low speed due to the constent speed of the fan.
mjnims

Post by mjnims »

Cole
Is running warm a condition of the 303's design? I have a buddy here is AZ that likes the solid axle design over the Pinz and is considering getting one. Also is there enough room to change the radiator out to a thicker unit if cooling is a problem?
thanks
Mike
Lightningpinz

Volvo Cooling

Post by Lightningpinz »

The Volvo is right on the limits of cooling in the stock configuration. We have been changing out for a modified extra thick core radiator. The electric fan is also a good idea. We have done one. The customer wanted an override switch so he could turn the unit on by his command instead of the thermostat. I liked the idea of a cut off switch for fording water.(turn the prop off)