tgb Fuel Pressue

Issues pertaining to the TGB/C30X series engine and driveline issues
m15256
United States of America

tgb Fuel Pressue

Post by m15256 »

I searched through the data base looking for comments about C303 fuel issues. Maybe the answer to the following is in there but I couldn't find it. In the front of the engine compartment is a fuel filter element and bowl. The top is marked pressure regulator. Acorn nut on top. Tatanka lists it as a filter (642392). Is it actually a fuel pressure regulator? If so what is it supposed to be adjusted to and how do you adjust it?

My parts catalog shows a filter (642392) in that location but the drawing shows a different style body. (no acorn nut)

The VOLVO Group 23 Service Manual that I can find on line shows a totally different filter set up with a ceramic element. It does not mention a pressure regulator.

My truck generally starts and runs OK, but won't start when the engine is hot until it cools down a little.

Thanks for any insights.
Rick
Jim Molloy
United States of America

Re: tgb Fuel Pressue

Post by Jim Molloy »

Rick,
The original Pierburg PE 15695 fuel pump is supposed to produce 2.1-4.0 psi between 1000-6000rpm. I have never seen a true fuel pressure regulator on a Volvo using the standard mechanical fuel pump. All the original fuel filter assemblies I have seen mounted to the front left corner of the engine have been filters only. the manual lists them as Carter F 827 S units.

Hope this helps.
Take care.

Jim Molloy
Waldersee Farm
Sheridan, Oregon USA
http://www.northwestmogfestc.om
Uli-RT
Germany

Re: tgb Fuel Pressue

Post by Uli-RT »

...this might help:
https://www.limora.com/pdf/329912.pdf
(german and english)

The FilterKing is a pressureregulator. But I never heard of anybody who had to adjust it :wink: