C303 SPRINGS

Issues pertaining to the TGB/C30X series engine and driveline issues
EX-INF

C303 SPRINGS

Post by EX-INF »

Hello all,
Is it possable to fit landrover heavy duty parbolic springs to a C303 or are thay a completly different size ??
cheers
Cliff
p.s looking forward to picking up Richard Dovers Blue C303 so it can start its new life in the midlands.
Roy Gardiner

Your imminent C303

Post by Roy Gardiner »

Congratulations on your C303 Cliff,

Having given up the search for the Holy Grail in the form of an affordable Pinz 718, I am just completing purchase of a TGB 1314 from Richard, after meeting him at Billing LandRover (!) Show last weekend and lying under his C306 most of the afternoon checking out it's mechanical features and delightful simplicity.

I reckon the springs on the Volvo are altogether longer and wider than any Solihull product I've seen (not been TOO close to a 101 thankfully...)

But there are numerous leaf-spring fettlers around in the UK, you should be able to get whatever you want in ride-height and stiffness; judging by the C306 pics around on the other pages here, compliance will not be a problem...why are you thinking about changing them?

See you on this (and theYahoo?) list and in person hopefully to compare notes.

Regards,

Roy Gardiner
Crowthorne
Berkshire England
EX-INF

Post by EX-INF »

Hello Roy ,

Pick up the new toy on Saterday cant wait.

The reason for the change is I have had parabolics in the past and rate them very highly.

I went to billing to see Richards 6X6 in the flesh "WOW" love it .

The reason in the end I went 4x4 is the blue one off Richard has the bells and whisles i.e. pto winch, air con,webasto and if I have problems green laning in wales there will be no problem getting recovery as it a car .

The colour will have to change a nice "OG green satin" same as the wolf .

Hear from you soon
Cliff
ntphoto

C303 springs

Post by ntphoto »

I noticed in the parts catalog, that the C306 has parabolic springs on the rear bogie, while the C303 has elliptical springs...same length though. ;^)