Starting a Volvo C3 club in the UK

Issues pertaining to the TGB/C30X series engine and driveline issues
rdover

Starting a Volvo C3 club in the UK

Post by rdover »

Fomr my website www.volvoc303.co.uk I'm starting a C3 series club.

Tthe main idea is to pool ideas and information locally, meet up from time to time and to start a shared supply of bits and pieces on a swap or buy basis.

No membership fee, just the cahnce to meet other C3 Owners and cause a traffic jam for a weekend!

Anyone interested please email me

Richard
Roy Gardiner

UK C303 club

Post by Roy Gardiner »

Richard,

The pub meet should be interesting, you in Glasgow, Cliff in the Midlands and me down south will make the venue a tricky choice! :?

I wonder if the All Wheel Drive Club still do 'heavy' trials ? maybe we could meet up at those - or organise our own of course! :P

How many UK subscribers do we have on this list? Hands up!

Roy
Anthony

Re: UK C303 club

Post by Anthony »

Roy Gardiner wrote:Richard,

How many UK subscribers do we have on this list? Hands up!

Roy
I am on a remote small holding in West Wales UK but not a Volvo owner!
rdover

Post by rdover »

I know of about 20 people with TGB/C303s of various types and most are interested in a weekend meet in the spring.

I'm thinking of a Hoseasons type place where we can book the place out and have the surreal sight of 20 or 30 lodges each with a couple of TGBs parked outside!

Cheap, easy to get to and if we can get one near somewhere like Tong near Bradford then we can have 2 days off roading as well as 2 evenings social.

That's the plan, all I need really is about 15 vehicles/25 people to make it financially viable.

Roy, do you fancy being club Sec and I'll Prez?
EX-INF

Post by EX-INF »

Count me in.
Cliff
Roy Gardiner

Volvo C3 Owners Club UK

Post by Roy Gardiner »

Richard,

I've never quite recovered from being club sec for the All Wheel Drive Club donkey's years ago...

I know it's a lot of work, and I just don't have the time running my own company I'm afraid.

But very happy to be a member and organise/compete in any trial or green laning the club might want to organise. Not too interested in hanging around posing with the vehicle though to be honest (life's too short!!)

Roy
rdover

Post by rdover »

The idea is for it to be naff all work for anyone. No fees, no magazine as such, just an email list and a few meetings each year.

I like te idea of bookingout some chalet holiday village for a long weekend with wall to wall Volvos! With mud thrown in, of course.
Angus

Post by Angus »

very happy to be a member and help organise/compete in any trial or green laning the club might want to organise
I'm up for it
Tweedy

C303 UK owners club

Post by Tweedy »

Hi Richard, havent got fixed up a C304 yet, one or two irons in the fire mind but I would still be interested in signing up for the club, if you will accept a Toyota Hi-lux driver? :lol: