LPG conversions?

Issues pertaining to the TGB/C30X series engine and driveline issues
melensdad

Post by melensdad »

rdover wrote:Freddy
The extra bit you had done ios basically just putting oil through the engine and causes more pollution than originally and costs more money thatn petrol!

I've been running mine without the flashlube and it's all fine. 2 experts agre that given reasonably low mileage and not hours of flat out motorway work then the engine will cope fine.
I'm a little off topic, but I run a back up generator at my home when the power grid fails. It came from the manufacturer as a "Tri-Fuel" generator so it runs on Gasoline, Natural Gas or Liquid Propane. The owners manual said that when run on NG or LP the carbs MAY suffer from the lack of lubrication. But I've had the generator installed for close to 8 years and not had any problems. I typically run it on N.G. because it is easy and I don't have to worry about refilling a small tank like I would have to do with LG or gasoline.

I would think a dual fuel C303 would be a brilliant design. You'd have to find locations for a LP tank in addition to the stock gasoline/petrol tank, which might be a problem. It would allow you to choose the fuel depending on either economy or availability.
If you are interested in antique tracked snow vehicles, visit here: http://www.forumsforums.com/3_9/forumdisplay.php?f=65
rdover

Post by rdover »

I've done about 5,000km on LPG with mine and it's fine aart from having to do the valves regularly. I'm about to convert the head to unleaded whoch will; sort that problem.