Emergency Braking with a TGB

Issues pertaining to the TGB/C30X series engine and driveline issues
Doccers

Re: Emergency Braking with a TGB

Post by Doccers »

mad_as_hec wrote:
M Wehrman wrote:Well Jim,I see all that time with a Volvo is paying off!! :lol: My TGB stops suprisingly well,and as Jim said,adjustment is important,MORE important in a hard braking situation. On a scarey side note,my truck can break 80mph w/ 315/85 tires. :shock: Just like pushing a house down the road,sucks a lot of fuel. At a steady 60mph I have seen 12mpg many times using an old mechanical FI,looking forward to results from Greg. Overall, I prefer my Volvo to my 712,my wife feels otherwise..
Mark
Hey Mark, how much guard clearance do you have with the 315 tires? I have a set of 325/85R16 Michelin XML on my landcruiser and I was going to swap them onto the Volvo when I get it. Also how does it handle? Or is that a bad joke?
I'm currently running Michelin XZL's that size, they're a bit too big. You lose a lot of turning radius as the wheel bumps against the springs pretty quickly, Ride isn't bad though. I'm looking at dropping down to about 36" or so when I have the $2500 saved up for new meats. :)