Repower ideas

Issues pertaining to the TGB/C30X series engine and driveline issues
M Wehrman
United States of America

Repower ideas

Post by M Wehrman »

Here I go,haven't driven it more than 2 blocks and thinking of other options. I've seen the diesel ideas,but want to stick with gas. My first choice would be a 4.0 from a later (fuel injected) Jeep also using the 4 speed auto and t-case.. There are a lot out there and fairly cheap. The only kink,and a big one at that the ft drive shaft drops on the wrong side (drivers) and kinda won't line up with the ft diff! I've seen Volvo portals put in Land Cruisers,turning that around perhaps the drive train from a straight 6 Cruiser would be an option although a bit pricier. I don't want to break speed records,just wanna hold my own going up hills. Besides I still have to add my usual air conditioning and P/S is a real option.
Another reason for posting is to see if there are any Volvo fans lurking in the shadows..... :roll:

Mark
Stock means no imagination!

Volvo TGB1317, .95% Morphed!

68 Haffy
rollingpinz

Post by rollingpinz »

Hello

There are a couple of decent ideas. Both of them are based on using the dana 18 transfer case (you can even get 3:1 gears). There is an adapter that will mate it to a NV3550 and you can put that behind a 4.0 or a 2.8 or 3.4 (60 degree) v6. Either combination is "do-able" because they have been used in Jeeps and the adapters are readily found. I recomment the v6 as driveline length is critical. Good luck.

Eric P
How would an ice-age end without global warming?
M Wehrman
United States of America

Post by M Wehrman »

Thanks Eric,I will add this to my research.
Mark
Stock means no imagination!

Volvo TGB1317, .95% Morphed!

68 Haffy