Replacement Windshields & Windows

Issues pertaining to the TGB/C30X series engine and driveline issues
HafWit

Replacement Windshields & Windows

Post by HafWit »

C303/TGB owners:
Replacement windshields & windows for your Volvo might be a possibility if there is enough interest. Dave Dunn does replacement windshields & windows with DOT-approved glass for Pinzgauers, Haflingers, & some Mogs. He could also do this with tinted glass if desired. Since he is looking for 5 people who are willing to pre-pay, I'm wondering if anybody else is interested?

Cheers,
Greg
HafWit
a.k.a. Phlyphysher, Greg, & Clamphysician
1967 Swiss Haflinger, 1975 Volvo C303
M Wehrman
United States of America

Post by M Wehrman »

Just for FYI and not to stir up anything,I just had windshield glass cut for my Volvo. Clear glass,laminated, $140 ,Tinted would have been $280. Both pieces are different sizes. Cool to see some life on the Volvo side. :D
Mark
Stock means no imagination!

Volvo TGB1317, .95% Morphed!

68 Haffy
David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

I enjoy hearing what glass shops are charging for these windshields. :D The clear is about what I expected. I like the tinted price even more. For that price , I could box and probably pay the shipping anywhere in the US. :lol:

Though the Pinz windshield has less area overall than the Volvo, the fact that there are 2 and fit into a box that the brown clowns would have trouble mangling, makes them practical to ship. :roll: :twisted: .

The next time I'm out at Jim's place, I'll get sizes for pricing.
If there is enough demand, I can proceed with manufacturing.

Dave
The Trojan Horse... the 1st Pinz used to covertly carry troops into battle .

ATL Pinzgauer XM 718K TUM(HD) 6x6 FFR (aka The Green Grail)
David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

Well, the pricing is back, and here are the prices for tinted glass for the hardtop Volvo .
Pricing is based on minmium of 5 orders.
Pair of windshield ( 1/fix, 1/ operating) $238.00
Front doors ( 4 pieces ) $228.00
Cargo Area ( 2 quarter, 2 side doors , 1 rear door. All fixed) $163.00

Pricing is plus tax ( Cal ) , and shipping

Jim M.
Would you post this to any other Volvo forums. that might be of interest.

Cheers
Dave

rockymtnshepherds
United States of America

Post by rockymtnshepherds »

Anyone need glass for their C303? I need cargo area glass at the minimum. 5 orders are needed for Dave to do the work. Anyone else interested in some new glass for their Volvo C303?
HafWit

Post by HafWit »

So far, that makes two of us. I posted the same message on the Yahoo Groups site. There were some comments made that would best be addressed by Dave--Dave can you check out the Yahoo Volvo C303 site?

Cheers,
Greg
HafWit
a.k.a. Phlyphysher, Greg, & Clamphysician
1967 Swiss Haflinger, 1975 Volvo C303
David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

Greg
I applied to that group , and still haven't been approved. ( Good sense by the group's owner :wink: :lol: ).
About any questions, this glass is 100% Federal DOT legal. Most states go by these standards. 30% maximum tint is the max for anything front the driver's sidewards vision ( front doors and windshields). The law also states " no tinting
upon the glass. Which in basic english means ALL tinting on the front door glass and windshield is illegal. Some states and LEOs are lax ( to say the least) on enforcing it. Any glass behind the driver, you can do anything you want to .... Paint it Black, it's ok ( with only one exception).
But, back to the glass I supply. It is solex tint ( blue/green) and is the only tinted glass I know of that meets the tint for AS1 and AS2 locations in a vehicle. All other "typical" glass ( bronze or gray) have a light tansmittance of 44 to 53%, hence are not legal for the front areas of a cab. When I have some time, I'll go back in the archives and repost the laws regarding auto glass in the tech Pinz section for reference.

Dave