Volvo 6x6 rear tool box on the Pinz

Issues pertaining to the TGB/C30X series engine and driveline issues
totaljoint

Volvo 6x6 rear tool box on the Pinz

Post by totaljoint »

Does anyone know if the trapezoidal tool box on the Volvo 6x6 ambulance (between and above the rear tires) would fit a the same location on a Pinz 712, and still allow good tire excursion?
Thanks!
Ed
milesdzyn

Post by milesdzyn »

I don't have the parts to test that out for you, but I am going to put some boxes on my pinz to hold the snow chains in that location. My design is the same shape.

So there is room for a box of that shape and approximate size, just can't speak of that exact box at that location.

I will also be installing battery boxes at the rear behind the tires. There is a lot of wasted space under the body.

Miles
Lots of Pinz pictures here.......
http://picasaweb.google.com/pinzgauer.depository.1

'73 Pinzgauer 712M
M Wehrman
United States of America

Post by M Wehrman »

My next trip out to the shop I will measure for you. Kinda handy having both 6x6's to compare. 8) 8)
Mark
Stock means no imagination!

Volvo TGB1317, .95% Morphed!

68 Haffy
M Wehrman
United States of America

Post by M Wehrman »

Without modifying the Volvo box it would seem to be uncomfortably close. If you could trim off a couple of inches to make it suck up into the tub more ,than I think it would do. Neat idea. Do you have a source for those boxes?
Mark
Stock means no imagination!

Volvo TGB1317, .95% Morphed!

68 Haffy
totaljoint

Post by totaljoint »

I don't have a source for the original boxes, but I would guess that having one made of stainless steel to a smaller more appropriate dimension for the Pinz couldn't be much more if any than buying and modifying a Volvo box.
Hey, Andre-- interested in making and selling a few of these for between and behind the rear wheels?
Ed