Front brake cylinders tgb1314

Issues pertaining to the TGB/C30X series engine and driveline issues
Richard Hobman

Front brake cylinders tgb1314

Post by Richard Hobman »

Richard Hobman calling from vancouver B.C.
TGB 1314 Ambulance; recently purchased and working my way through the brakes; have replaced all rear wheel cylinders they are the same as the swb 88 ( that,s what the box said) BUT what the hell did they use on the front axle.
I,ve been told 109 v8 109 6 cyl. but the checking I,ve done so far does not match . The cylinders on mine are 1" bore ( same as rears) various suppliers say that they should be 1.25" or 1.125"
Any new info. would be most welcome Sincerely, Richard

Has anyone managed to install a diesel, I,m keen on the idea.
wrangler_tj

Re: Front brake cylinders tgb1314

Post by wrangler_tj »

Richard Hobman wrote:Richard Hobman calling from vancouver B.C.
TGB 1314 Ambulance; recently purchased and working my way through the brakes; have replaced all rear wheel cylinders they are the same as the swb 88 ( that,s what the box said) BUT what the hell did they use on the front axle.
I,ve been told 109 v8 109 6 cyl. but the checking I,ve done so far does not match . The cylinders on mine are 1" bore ( same as rears) various suppliers say that they should be 1.25" or 1.125"
Any new info. would be most welcome Sincerely, Richard

Has anyone managed to install a diesel, I,m keen on the idea.
It are indeed the cylinders from a 109 V8 that you need!
Cylinders front and rear are very different:
front are 2 cylinders with 1 direction, in the back is 1 cylinder working both (2) ways.

I hope you understand my explanation.
Richard Hobman

Post by Richard Hobman »

Wrangler, many thanks for reply, but my problem seems to be the actual size of the cylinders. My ambulance has cylinders of 1" dia.
The mileage is very low and I do not suspect that they have been replaced, if they have, then they may not be the correct replacements, I would think that 1.125" or even 1.25 cylinders would work but I would like to use 1" cylinders if indeed they were the originals fitted Cheers, Richard