RHD - do they exist ??

Issues pertaining to the TGB/C30X series engine and driveline issues
Jaster

RHD - do they exist ??

Post by Jaster »

Hi All,

I've been looking around online for a week or so now, and can't seem to find any examples of a Right Hand Drive C303 / C304. I have found a user manual for them with some of the pictures showing RHD, but no living ones.

The reason being, i'm from Australia, and given i'm most likely going to have to import one (not sure, but I don't think there are many in Aus - about 4??) and having it RHD will be one less issue with getting it registered etc.

If anyone knows that RHD versions do exist, I would love to hear about it.

Cheers, Josh.
Jaster

Post by Jaster »

Scratch that ... It looks like Gecko's one in Malaysia is RHD *grin* ... now the hard part ... finding a good one that is for sale *sigh*
geckoadventure
New Zealand

Re: RHD - do they exist ??

Post by geckoadventure »

in one word - YES - This is my ex-Police Riot truck

YEs its almost a daily driver and is slowly being restored to remove the rust.

I will list the mods done so far and whats to go.

25 March it has its first real offroad trip a 52+k trek into the jungle

If you want to know more about Volvos in OZ loook at a 4x4 extreme forum and send him a mail tell him gecko sent you. HE is doing up a one off based on a 6x6.

everything including the factory PTO works except the wipers new motors being planned.
michael mcauliffe
Australia

Post by michael mcauliffe »

Hi Jaster

I have a RHD Model C303 and live here in Oz, i bought mine off e-bay about October 2010.

I wasn't looking for one, but happen to come across it while looking for Unimogs (easier to find but more expensive) !!

Mine needs a lot of work, has rust and needs lots of TLC. I was lucky that i got some spares and some parts and service manuals as well with it. It's a cab chassis, so the idea is to turn it into an offroad camper.

I would love to hear from any other C Series owners in Oz, especially if they have photo's of their rigs.

I haven't seen any other C series trucks at all here in Oz, so importing one might be the go.

Cheers

Mick
Jaster

Post by Jaster »

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the reply's and info. Will keep my eye's peeled for one.

Cheers, J.
On the hunt for a RHD C304 / TGB13 (6x6).