c303 tune up???

Issues pertaining to the TGB/C30X series engine and driveline issues
swedspeed

c303 tune up???

Post by swedspeed »

hey guys i recently got my volvo. its been sitting dorment for a year or so. changed all filters and fluids. dumped the points for a petronix module. first test dives it was pinging bad. checked timing and found it was set at 30 degrees. backed it down to ten and the pinging went away. next on my list was to check the valve clearance and this brings me to my current questions. i followed the procedure found in online manuals. first oddity was when i lined up mark on my distributer with rotor my timing marks arent lining up like they should be? also after adjusting hot they sounded to tappy. i readjusted cold and they still sound to loud. before the adjusting they were very quite. is the b30 typically valvey sounding? i set them all to .018. i havent done a compression test yet. any coments or advice would be great.
M Wehrman
United States of America

Re: c303 tune up???

Post by M Wehrman »

After adjustment,my engine is quiet. I followed the instructions in a service manual reprint I got from Linden Engineering. Do a little more looking as all info is on line,I just don't have the link right now.
Mark
Stock means no imagination!

Volvo TGB1317, .95% Morphed!

68 Haffy
M Wehrman
United States of America

Re: c303 tune up???

Post by M Wehrman »

Stock means no imagination!

Volvo TGB1317, .95% Morphed!

68 Haffy