Winch

Issues pertaining to the TGB/C30X series engine and driveline issues
Thomas

Winch

Post by Thomas »

Hello

My winch is one of those that is powered by the gearbox. It will go in and out alright using all the gears including reverse. The problem is it will not go out "freespooling" if you know. That means i can not easily perate it myself. I can not manuover the controls of the winch in the same time as I am on the outside pulling the cable to avoid getting "spaghetti" under the vehicle. How can I fix this? Theorys, knowleges and guesses are welcom.

/TF
Thomas from Sweden
Lightningpinz

check the brake

Post by Lightningpinz »

The one that I have worked on had a brake around the input shaft of the winch gear box. That unit's brake was rusted/siezed and had worn out all fo the brake material. We freed up the linkages and then had the brake friction material replaced. I would start there as the unit appeared by design to work similarly as you described, but not to the point of no free spool.
Best of luck
djklabbe

Post by djklabbe »

The freespooling problem is probabley that the vacum menbrane "rullmembran" in the vinch is broken. i have that problem .
volvolastvagnar and miloverkstan in strängnäs have new membranes for aproxemately 300 sek.
I have a repair manual for the winch i you wont a copy mail me at djklabbe@telia.com