1963 Volvo L3314HT - New owner with questions...

Issues pertaining to the TGB/C30X series engine and driveline issues
63VALPPNW

1963 Volvo L3314HT - New owner with questions...

Post by 63VALPPNW »

Hello all -

I recently aquired a '63 L3314HT and have a few questions.

An introduction of myself first I suppose is in order: This is my first Volvo 4x4 but one of numerous Volvos I haved owned over the years, everything from a '58 Duett to a 2000 V70 R including a '68 123 GT. '71 142E, an 83 242 Turbo, countless 240 wagons and 850s. My current daily driver's for my wife and I are a '95 850 T5R wagon in yellow and a '97 850 R wagon in red. I have spent the last 20 years working on Volvos including a 10yr stay at a Volvo retailer. With all that said Volvos are not new to me but this Valp is a whole different beast in some regards but very familiar in other ways.

So my questions -

I am in need of front wheel bearings, brake shoes, and possibly wheel cylinders and brake lines so I can get this back on (or off perhaps?) the road. I have found some sources in for parts but wonder if there is anything available stateside (I live in the Seattle area). I pulled the brakes apart and the shoes are stamped bendix but have no real part #'s on them. The bearings have SKF #'s but they do not cross reference to anything I can find. Anyone familiar with any other vehicles that share parts with this truck or are they unique all to themselves?

Any help would be appreciated - Ill post a few pics of the new toy when I get a chance and look forward to putting it back togethor and enjoying it!

Thanks again
edzz
United States of America

Re: 1963 Volvo L3314HT - New owner with questions...

Post by edzz »

You may want to fill out your profile. As to the brake shoes I would suggest having the shoes relined. I had these guys reline the braked shoes for my series Landrover and was very pleased with the service I received and the low price compared to the Landrover dealer in Seattle, mind you that was back in ’78 :shock: .

Metal Frictions Inc
12551 26th Ave NE
Seattle, WA 98125
Neighborhood: Lake City

http://www.yelp.com/biz/metal-frictions-inc-seattle
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.
63VALPPNW

Post by 63VALPPNW »

edzz wrote:You may want to fill out your profile. As to the brake shoes I would suggest having the shoes relined. I had these guys reline the braked shoes for my series Landrover and was very pleased with the service I received and the low price compared to the Landrover dealer in Seattle, mind you that was back in ’78 :shock: .

Metal Frictions Inc
12551 26th Ave NE
Seattle, WA 98125
Neighborhood: Lake City

http://www.yelp.com/biz/metal-frictions-inc-seattle

Thank you! They are about 10 miles from me so I will give them a try. Any other help would be appreciated greatly!
rollingpinz

Post by rollingpinz »

Hello

I think those axles compare to a Dana 44. It might be worth looking into.

Pringle
How would an ice-age end without global warming?
geckoadventure
New Zealand

Post by geckoadventure »

LR brakes mmmmmm! I would be doing disc coonversion.