Sockets on the front of TGB's?

Issues pertaining to the TGB/C30X series engine and driveline issues
sixbennetts

Sockets on the front of TGB's?

Post by sixbennetts »

Just wondering what all the small sockets are for on the front face of the TGB"s.
VinceAtReal4x4s
Admin
United States of America

Re: Sockets on the front of TGB's?

Post by VinceAtReal4x4s »

They are 24v outlets. One of the main uses are for lights of different types. A common one to find is a small work lamp with a very long cord. I think I have a perfect original one stored away somewhere.
"For those who risk, life has a flavor the protected shall never enjoy"

Your donation makes this site possible!

sixbennetts

Post by sixbennetts »

Man, these trucks are getting cooler and cooler.

Swedish Army Knife!
Doccers

Post by Doccers »

I have that original one with my TGB-13 - the socket plug on it is very interesting, it looks like it can run at both 24 and 12v, the tip of the connector fits into the 24v sockets on the TGB, but past that it flares out to a standard 12v cigarette adapter, and short enough to fit into one perfectly. I haven't tested this directly yet, but as it's a standard circuit, it should just run the light at a lower intensity on a 12v system.

Pretty spiffy idea.

There are three plugs on the front of my TGB, the top two seem to be on a dead circuit right now, the one on the passanger side above the lights works though. I'm going to have to pull the dash and all electrical this spring (prepare for much cursing!), so I'll test all connections and make whatever repairs are needed at that time. One of the springs on the covers broke as well, so I'll have to fabricate something to replace it.

There's also one 24v port on the back, and a couple in the cab itself.
Christer_tgb

Post by Christer_tgb »

I know this thread are a little bit of age, but here are the answer to the question.

there are two set of sockets at the front.

There should be one on eaither side close to the headlights, there should be a mount close to is.
Those are for the military dimmed light and controlled by the big switch to the right on the dashboard.

Then there should be another socket on the right side, that is just 24V for working light etc.
sixbennetts

Post by sixbennetts »

Thanks, Christer. If you know of a picture of these lights, can you post it please. I'd like to see them.
HafWit

Post by HafWit »

Is there a source for any of these accessory lights or other 24v accessories that plug into these sockets?

Thanks,
Greg
HafWit
a.k.a. Phlyphysher, Greg, & Clamphysician
1967 Swiss Haflinger, 1975 Volvo C303
Christer_tgb

Post by Christer_tgb »

sixbennets
I'll try to get hold of a pic of how they look like.

HalfWit
I don't see any reason why you shouldn't be able to plug in any light you want.
Just remember that one is always on(controlled by ignition key) and the others are controlled by the dial for military lights.
Christer_tgb

Post by Christer_tgb »

Here is a link to what they look like. There are several versions depending if they are to a C303 or older.
http://classicmotor.annonsborsen.se/sea ... dexImage=0

HalfWit
They were restricted to buy since they were sorted under war material, not sure if that is still the case. I would use ebay, or similar sites to look for them.
Swedish sites like blocket.se and tradera.se are also places to look at.

On my 303 the holder was broken/damaged by the military before it was sold, so check that they are unharmed before buying.
Last edited by Christer_tgb on Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
HafWit

Post by HafWit »

Thanks for the reply. I realize I can attach any 24v accessory to these. I was just hoping to find a source for the original lights since I have never seen these for sale.

Cheers,
Greg
HafWit
a.k.a. Phlyphysher, Greg, & Clamphysician
1967 Swiss Haflinger, 1975 Volvo C303
mopar
United States of America

Post by mopar »

Most of the trucks had them taken off and the brackets cut off as part of demil before they go to auction just like removing the gun mounts on a TGB1111. A couple slipped through I remeber at least one that had them its been a while so I'm not sure if you would ever find any.

1974 712M AKA the Banana
1974 710M AKA the project truck
1987 718M Now Sold
1975 Volvo TGB1111 Now Sold
1973 Pinzgauer 712M x2 Now Sold
1963 404S Now Sold