Air conditioning in a C300 series

Issues pertaining to the TGB/C30X series engine and driveline issues
Doccers

Air conditioning in a C300 series

Post by Doccers »

I posted in another thread elsewhere on the forums (and emailed a couple of very helpful members!), but have not received an answer as of yet, and I am impatient like a child. :D

Has anyone stuffed an A/C system into one of these trucks? As I understand it there should be bracketry available for it from the 164 car (same engine), however looking at the engine I wasn't sure where it would go, and I can't find many photos of this.

It's been over 105 degrees for several day here in Colorado, so I'll admit I'm wimping out a bit here. :)
M Wehrman
United States of America

Re: Air conditioning in a C300 series

Post by M Wehrman »

Just got back in town. I pit a/c in my TGB and all was smooth,but I did have the cab off the frame! An original bracked should work fine,you just need an adapter bracket for rotary compressor as the older ones used the old york style comps. If i remember right the comp mounts on the drivers side of the engine. Mine is quite different from the original,so no real help there. Additional pulley grooves were done by adding an aluminum pulley availiable from Jeg's or Speedway.
Stock means no imagination!

Volvo TGB1317, .95% Morphed!

68 Haffy
geckoadventure
New Zealand

Re: Air conditioning in a C300 series

Post by geckoadventure »

I'm doing mine but its all LOCAL parts and connected to the 14B-T existing air cond pump so no help for you.

The Builders LR air cond unit went into the VOlvo on the left hand side by the passengers feet.

tHE AIR vents are feed through the dash as we are remaking the dash.