Brake servo repair

Issues pertaining to the TGB/C30X series engine and driveline issues
M Wehrman
United States of America

Brake servo repair

Post by M Wehrman »

I have the solution for the Volvo brake servo that sucks brake fluid. :D :D Found a source for the kits needed to rebuild. :D :D Mine managed to empty the res once every 1 1/2 hrs of driving. :x :x I had 2 spare assys along with the ones out of the driver. :) I rebuilt all 4 for under $120. :D :D This comes a bit late for Greg :( . From dissassembling all,the booster portion is bullet-proof,that mini-master is the weak point. I will post up my info 2-morrow when I find the paperwork. It's 2:40 a.m. and my insomnia is wearing off... :)
Mark
Stock means no imagination!

Volvo TGB1317, .95% Morphed!

68 Haffy
HafWit

Re: Brake servo repair

Post by HafWit »

Mark,
It most certainly does......but the CV boots just arrived at Jim's from Sweden, so I am hopeful that the truck will be ready for me soon.

Cheers,
Greg
HafWit
a.k.a. Phlyphysher, Greg, & Clamphysician
1967 Swiss Haflinger, 1975 Volvo C303
M Wehrman
United States of America

Post by M Wehrman »

Well Greg,if your truck is like mine,you have another one also! Here is the info,Powertrack Limited,www.Powertrackbrakes.co.uk,I talked to Paul there. The tag # on the Volvo servos do not cross with their Lockheed references (suprise!) . The bore size is 5/8",reaction rod was 3/8",the bore is not chrome lined,so a light dressing with 400grit made it beautiful. from the experience with 4-disassemblies,the booster section is not an issue. I also found 3 out of 4 had varying signs of leakage,see first sentence. Greg,I also have a lock cyl for you somewhere,gotta ck with the Wife as she has cleaned up my stuff several times since (been a long time as you know) and it got moved somewhere else! :x
Mark
Stock means no imagination!

Volvo TGB1317, .95% Morphed!

68 Haffy
HafWit

Post by HafWit »

Mark,
Thanks for that. Wives are famous for reorganization according to their own whims :shock: which of course results in colorful language :evil: from us spouses as we attempt to decipher the illogical :? decision making that resulted in our precious stuff being lost. I find it best to make the idea of reorganization appear to be insurmountable and unpleasant by carefully placing choice objects throughout the area that by their very nature (greasy, filthy, odoriferous, excrementicious, etc) will be regarded as repulsive. :idea: If you come across the withered and dessicated corpses of rats/mice/other vermin in a crawl space, attic, or other area, by no means dispose of them--these will work wonders if you place them in plain view around your work area.

Cheers :mrgreen: ,
Greg
HafWit
a.k.a. Phlyphysher, Greg, & Clamphysician
1967 Swiss Haflinger, 1975 Volvo C303