Tech Sessions - Rules for posting

Technical articles by owners, for owners.
VinceAtReal4x4s
Admin
United States of America

Tech Sessions - Rules for posting

Post by VinceAtReal4x4s »

This new (as of 2012) section is unique in that it's for posts made by one person showing how they repaired something on their rig. To keep it clean and easy to navigate, no comments can be allowed.

If you think there is an error that needs to be corrected, please PM myself or the author.

If you made a post in the past that would be a good fit here, you should be able to copy and paste it as a new one here. I can move it here as well, although any other comments by others will be erased.

Please make the post easy to understand with clear photos or video of as much of the process as possible.

Please look at the others first so we don't have repetition.

As soon as I see it, I will lock it to prevent any comments. If you need to add to it or change something later, send me a message and I will unlock it temporarily.

I apologize in advance for the removal of any comments but it's the only way this will work.
"For those who risk, life has a flavor the protected shall never enjoy"

Your donation makes this site possible!

John L
United States of America

Re: Tech Sessions - Rules for posting

Post by John L »

Vince:

I'm trying to upload a post regarding Locker Lever Replacement/Upgrade and it won't allow more than three pics. I know from others posts that there must be a way around this. What's the secret? It's a step by step that involves the removal of the locker lever assembly, cleaning, replacing damaged parts, upgrading the center lever, and re-installing it.

Thanks for the help,

John L
VinceAtReal4x4s
Admin
United States of America

I wasn't aware there was a limit. Anyway, I assume you can go back to the post after you complete it and just add more pics via the normal editing feature.

berger
Canada

Post by berger »

There is a limit on this board, for direct uploading of images. The way around it is to use a third party storage facility like photobucket.

As for re-adding, once it is locked by the admin, the OP cannot edit it either....in my experience.
Ottawa, Canada
1974 710M
2007 2WD Ural Patrol
VinceAtReal4x4s
Admin
United States of America

I think it'd be best to load the pics here since the off-site account might close one day and the pics will be lost.

If you ever need to edit your post, send me a PM.