Haflinger 700 AP Doors

All things body or wiring related

Moderator: TechMOGogy

cubdriver55
United States of America

Haflinger 700 AP Doors

Post by cubdriver55 »

Can anyone tell me where I can find some door frames for a 700 AP? Also does anyone have a pattern to make the tops? Thanks
TechMOGogy
Canada

Re: Haflinger 700 AP Doors

Post by TechMOGogy »

cubdriver55 wrote:Can anyone tell me where I can find some door frames for a 700 AP? Also does anyone have a pattern to make the tops? Thanks
No one makes the frames as far as I know and to copy the tops (without all the original bits and pieces would cost thousands as they are so many little parts). Would be cheaper to just make something simple and not try to copy the originals.
I can post photos in a few days if that would be helpful?
Dan
72 Pathfinder | 75 710M 2.7i | 96 350GDT Worker
cubdriver55
United States of America

Post by cubdriver55 »

TechMOGogy wrote:
cubdriver55 wrote:Can anyone tell me where I can find some door frames for a 700 AP? Also does anyone have a pattern to make the tops? Thanks
No one makes the frames as far as I know and to copy the tops (without all the original bits and pieces would cost thousands as they are so many little parts). Would be cheaper to just make something simple and not try to copy the originals.
I can post photos in a few days if that would be helpful?
Dan
Thanks That would be great
callahan

Post by callahan »

When you say 'tops' do you mean the canvas hood or the canvas type doors?
Heinkeljb
Great Britain

Post by Heinkeljb »

Door frames being made from steel tube should be relatively easy to copy. There are a few complicated bits like the window section which would take more effort.
Biggest problem appears to be replicating the canvas skin and fitting it properly. Getting it tight in all direction looks like a real pig of a job. There is some guy in Austria who does this job, but I gather that you need to send him your door frames and he re-skins them and sends them back.
Two lots of carriage cost on to of the cost of the new skins....

John