EFI on a haffie?

Hafi mods and resto work reports

Moderator: TechMOGogy

audiocontr
United States of America

EFI on a haffie?

Post by audiocontr »

I've seen some interesting small engine efi kits out there recently. The 650 cc 2cyl motorcycle kits have me wondering about the ability to toss one onto a haffie. Anyone gone down this rabbit hole?

https://www.walbro.com/products/electro ... n-systems/

https://www.ecotrons.com/small_engine_f ... ction_kit/
1973 712m
1968 Haflinger
1965 Pathfinder
1978 GMC Palm Beach (Hey, its got 6 wheels!!)
Joeri
Belgium

Re: EFI on a haffie?

Post by Joeri »

Well i have been looking ( it's in my head) for a injection system you find on a BMW R series...they use a 600 cc up to a 850 cc boxer engine with feul injection....if it works the next step could be putting a turbocharger on it :mrgreen: :twisted:
Heinkeljb
Great Britain

Post by Heinkeljb »

Everybody would like someone to do it first, rather than be the first to do it. I think it would be a good idea if you could get it to work correctly without a lot of either mechanical issues (e.g. manifold flange adapter plate), or software tuning issues. Getting the mixture right might involve quite a lot of altering of a standard map.

Who's going first?

John
audiocontr
United States of America

Post by audiocontr »

the interesting piece of current software is that it allows for a much larger learning function than in the past. Look at the Holley Sniper kits for example. The 02 feedback learning could get to a decent map as long as the learning function is long enough (and we put the vehicle through enough scenarios)

I have an email into both vendors to discuss and price. My gut tells me its a $2500 investment in materials, and $10k in labor/frustration
1973 712m
1968 Haflinger
1965 Pathfinder
1978 GMC Palm Beach (Hey, its got 6 wheels!!)
Joeri
Belgium

Post by Joeri »

Well the ecotrons system is not cheap so as a experiment i think i would still go for the bmw setup...well see how it works out :wink: