haffy6x6.jpg
haffy6x6.jpg (100.39 KiB) Viewed 1216 times
"For those who risk, life has a flavor the protected shall never enjoy"

Your donation makes this site possible!

Heinkeljb
Great Britain

Re: 6x6

Post by Heinkeljb »

Shame that website doesn't have any more information on the 6x6 other than that page. There are now several 6x6 around, but I only know of one (in the UK) that is legally allowed to drive on the roads of Europe, All the others do not appear to be road legal even though there are pictures of them on the road they are all being used on what we in the UK call "Trade Plates" or just have plates stuck on them to give the impression they are legal.

There was one that actually made it as far as the USA, but was not allowed off the docks! I think it is the one that is now in Italy and was claimed to be legally on the road, but when asked for video of it driving along, none have been forthcoming.

The steering is a big problem on these 6x6's. The article linked to above has the 6x6 steering the front two wheels AND the next set, but not by as much to cope with the different radius requirements, but the problem is that because the steering rods have to go over the top of the drive tube, it causes the second set of wheels to want to steer in the opposite direction when you go over a bump. The UK one had the 4 wheel steer removed and now just works by causing the rear wheels to "scrub" when cornering. Another difference between the UK one and that others is that the rear suspension is similar to the Pinzgauer setup whereas the others have used coil springs on all wheels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goJuoWbM-8E

John
pinzi
Belgium

Re: 6x6

Post by pinzi »

As far as i know....there's never been a production made 6x6 haflinger, they only made 2 or 3 prototypes 6x6 haflingers That were desmanteled after testing....so all 6x6 haflingers out there are self build ones :oops:
off-road until i die