Pertronix in the Haflinger

Hafi mods and resto work reports

Moderator: TechMOGogy

pinzinator

Pertronix in the Haflinger

Post by pinzinator »

I went to the trouble to get a Pertronix kit custom made for my Haflinger. There is no kit made for the Haflinger application, this came from the company engineer I dealt with. Apparently there are certain parameters that are calculated into the device, such as dwell and the number of cylinders. Plus there are tolerances.
Needless to say it runs like a watch and idles like a sewing machine. Of course Jim LaGuardia had a lot to do with that!

Denis

Post by Denis »

Do you know if we can get one from them now?

My haffi would like to get a Christmas gift. :D

Denis
pinzinator

Post by pinzinator »

No, not available unless you want to go to the trouble I did. I talked with the factory about having 10 kits made, the least they will make at a reduced price. Even then it is expensive!
I will have 10 made if there are 10 Haflinger owners out there who are willing to pay $195 for the kit. Yes, that is high, but that's for a low production number.
So if you are interested, send a $100 deposit to me via PayPal to rmf@dc.rr.com. As soon as I get 10 deposits I will need the balance of $95 to complete the order. Shipping is included.
If I can't get 10 deposits in 30 days I will simply refund everything.
I have well over $200 in my kit, so you are getting a better deal.
If I did this on EBay I would have to charge over $200 due to fees.
pinzinator

Post by pinzinator »

I have decided not to have any kits made, so please don't send any money. I'm sure with my success there will be something available soon, there certainly is a market.
ExpeditionImports
United States of America

Post by ExpeditionImports »

Hi Guys,

We should have something on this in the next 4-6 weeks. Pricing should fall in line with other Pinz/Mog Pertronix kits.

Stay tuned.

Cheers,

Scott Ingham
Expedition Imports Corporation
Vallejo, California
www.expedition-imports.com
"You didn't buy a Chevy..." "Hows that Amazon tech support working out...."