Batteries for L3314

Volvo TGB and 30X (303/304/306) mods and resto work, news, resources and non-technical stuff
jomodo17
United States of America

Batteries for L3314

Post by jomodo17 »

Both my batteries are missing probably due to scrappers where the volvo sat before. What size and type of batteries do you guys suggest? Also cut was the battery cables. Also what brake fluid gear fluid does it use
Jim Molloy
United States of America

Re: Batteries for L3314

Post by Jim Molloy »

You may have to pick the brains of L3314 owners elswhere if nothing comes in through this forum. There are several Facebook pages delaing with the Valp/Felt/L3314/C202 and I just stumbled across a new one to me. www.l3314.no

Battery cables should be an easy fix. Auto parts stores have generic black and red cables with a variety of ends to suit your needs. you can also make your own using the appropriate crimping toll and fittings. If you are not going for exact period terminal clamps but want to keep this Swedish, I hightly recommend the OJOP quick detachable clamps.

While I cann say with certainty, I suspected DOT3 on the brake fluid given the vintage of your truck.

Hope this helps.
Jim Molloy
VinceAtReal4x4s
Admin
United States of America

Re: Batteries for L3314

Post by VinceAtReal4x4s »

Just use whatever Duracell or Interstate batteries that will fit in there best. The subtleties of size differences and cranking amps isn't much to be concerned about as they will all basically have plenty in this case.
"For those who risk, life has a flavor the protected shall never enjoy"

Your donation makes this site possible!