Reserve Parts Manual M7776-002090

Volvo TGB and 30X (303/304/306) mods and resto work, news, resources and non-technical stuff
Jim Molloy
United States of America

Reserve Parts Manual M7776-002090

Post by Jim Molloy »

Hello to all,
I realize this is a bit of a long shot but here goes.

I am in search of the Swedish military Reserve Parts Manual M7776-002090. What is unigue about this TGB manual is that it covers all of the parts used for the SKAB (SpecialKarosser AB) produced rear boxes for the various Volvo TGB131X 6x6 trucks. Recently, I contacted SKAB about gathering history of the boxes' production details and accessing their records archives. They seem quite excited in this regard. My hope is that this will eventually lead to the avaialblity of details like blueprints of the steel internal skeleton of the boxes, doors, internal and external compartments, etc.

Back to the manual in question. It turns out that the M7776-002090 manual was partially uploaded into the vast manual database on the terrangbil.net site back in February 2013. Unfortunately, the most critical portion of the manual, Section 9: Övrig utrustning (Other equipment), could not be uploaded due to the size of that file. Too Much data! And that large volume of information is exactly what is needed. From what I can see, the member who uploaded the information n the first place has not been back to that forum since 2016. He does list his original source as "CD SMSTD TGB 11,13 OCH 20" from FMV and I have tried searching the official Swedish military FMV website database repeatedly all to no avail. One can see what currently is available here:

http://terrangbil.net/forum/index.php?/ ... l%C3%A4gg/

If anyone knows of another online source for this missing information, or has a copy of the manaul they would be willing to scan, loan out, rent or sell, PLEASE let me know. I have already put this request out to the Facebook Volvo C303 and TGB page as well as the terrangbil.net site (where four pages of an original manual can be seen)

http://terrangbil.net/forum/index.php?/ ... trustning/

and Michael's C303.de website. The current owner of the one original manual I know to exist says that these documents are readily available. I have not had success in convincing him to scan Section 9: Övrig utrustning thus far. Everywhere I look, I keep coming up empty.

Take care...one and all.

Jim Molloy
Jim Molloy
United States of America

Re: Reserve Parts Manual M7776-002090

Post by Jim Molloy »

Just a quick update on the manual.
An original has been located AND the previous owner has GIVEN it to me. He no longer owns a Volvo TGB and would like to further the cause of shared knowledge. Hope to have it within the next two weeks. Once I get it scanned and uploaded to one or more sites, I will touch base here again.
Take care...one and all.

Jim Molloy
VinceAtReal4x4s
Admin
United States of America

Re: Reserve Parts Manual M7776-002090

Post by VinceAtReal4x4s »

That'll be interesting!
"For those who risk, life has a flavor the protected shall never enjoy"

Your donation makes this site possible!