Parabolic springs anyone?

Volvo TGB and 30X (303/304/306) mods and resto work, news, resources and non-technical stuff
one2many
Australia

Re: Parabolic springs anyone?

Post by one2many »

Hi Martin,
I'm still interested and I'm pretty sure Nick will be as well.
Do you have a thread over at terringbil regarding the design aspects?....like you did for "The Brake"
1985 pinzgauer 712K factory 2.7lt civilian (RHD, 4 door K)
1979 Volvo tgb 1314a (under construction to om606 diesel/722.6 trans. Dual cab/tray)
thedoeges

Post by thedoeges »

Maybe some info for those who are interested. My TGB11 was leaning to the left and the front was lower than the back. As a matter of fact the only original height and clearance was in the back right. I contemplated ordering the springs from tatnka.nu, but after shipping, it was out of my price range. There is a guy in Grand Junction who custom makes leaf springs to order, I believe his name is Bill Ford. I would have taken the old springs off and brought them to him from Denver. Too much work :)
So I hooked up with Marvin from Denver Springs. He kept the truck for four days and delivered on budget and on schedule. He bent the three sets of springs into the original form and re-enforced the front springs with an additional leaf. New clamps, bolts, parts and labor, $787. The truck sits now 3 inches higher in the front, is level and back to factory specs. Marvin did not up=sale and usd the parts that were still good.

Very Happy.

Marcus
brandonium
United States of America

Post by brandonium »

Just tossing an update to the hunt for parabolic springs. I created a list with google docs and posted in the c303 facebook group. So far we have 32 out of the 40 required. I have also posted in the German and Swedish forums as well as the Dutch Facebook c30x group so if anyone here that is not in the facebook group is interested below is the list you can add your details to.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0
Last edited by brandonium on Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pacificbikerguy

Post by pacificbikerguy »

I just added my name. Looking for front and rear sets for my C303.
brandonium
United States of America

Post by brandonium »

Awesome. I just saw that. I have one other guy with a 304 that is probably tossing in a set of two fronts tomorrow so that will put us at 42. I'll keep it open a little after that to let other get the opportunity for yes/no and then we can proceed with getting some parabolics...finally!

pacificbikerguy wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:59 pm I just added my name. Looking for front and rear sets for my C303.
brandonium
United States of America

Post by brandonium »

Update! We have set the deadline for this production run for September 2 (2018). As of now we have 103 spring commitments but could possibly surpass 120 by then. Just FYI and for visibility if there is any interest in getting in.

Not sure another run like this will ever happen so.. if you want Parabolic springs this is a for sure thing this time.
dokatd
United States of America

Post by dokatd »

My name is on the excel list, do I need to do anything else to get in line. I’m ordering two sets front and rear.
brandonium
United States of America

Post by brandonium »

Hey K.C. Not at the moment. As long as your email address is listed so we can get an email out to you which I see you have. Everything is in order and once the list is closed out on the 2nd Paul will initiate the next steps. For now you are good. :)

FYI I did send you an email for clarification though.
dokatd wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:36 pm My name is on the excel list, do I need to do anything else to get in line. I’m ordering two sets front and rear.
dokatd
United States of America

Post by dokatd »

Yeah, sorry was editing the sheet on my iPhone while eating hibachi.
brandonium
United States of America

Post by brandonium »

I should try that sometime.. filling out spreadsheets while catching shrimp midair. :)
dokatd wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:29 pm Yeah, sorry was editing the sheet on my iPhone while eating hibachi.
dokatd
United States of America

Post by dokatd »

So is there any chance of semi regular updates on spring production. Hate for multiple people to hit Paul up for progress reports. When I paid I was told approximately 6 weeks before delivery to his facility I believe.
dokatd
United States of America

Post by dokatd »

Well, guess I will update. Not sure if anyone else has asked, but Paul said the following.

From Paul:

Thank you for your email. The factory informed me that the springs will be ready by the end of October. The shipping will take 1 or 2 weeks, so I am expecting them in the beginning of November.
I will keep you informed.
Regards
Paul

Guess I’m the only impatient one.
brandonium
United States of America

Post by brandonium »

I thought I replied to you post but I guess I did not. That's my bad. You are correct Paul expects them at the end of month and then a week or two to coordinate shipping so we are close!
dokatd
United States of America

Post by dokatd »

Sounds like shipping is eminent.
brandonium
United States of America

Post by brandonium »

Springs were delayed but should arrive at Pauls facility for shipment out by Friday!